Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    The Oministration would be better off to remember these words and apply them to the condolence issue: "Better to close your mouth and chance being thought an idiot than to open it and remove all doubt."
    Last edited by DumbAss Tanker; 10-14-2011 at 12:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    This is a sticky issue. The guy was a terrorist, he had to go, no question about it.

But the government did sanction killing a US Citizen, their son, whom from all reports they seemed to try to turn him from the path he walked.

My initial reaction at this was WTF. But as I think about it a bit more, I can get behind this given the circumstances of the situation. I wouldn't apologize over killing him. I'd just be offering my condolences for their loss. Scumbag or not, he was still their son, and their own government killed him.

The parents are american citizens, despite their son's actions. And every parent loves their son, no matter what he may have done in his life.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    The parents are american citizens, despite their son's actions. And every parent loves their son, no matter what he may have done in his life.
    I wouldn't say every parent. many are glad be rid of their off springs.
    Liberals: Obama's useful Idiots

Wow, I wonder if any government entities apologize to the parents of convicted killers executed in the prison system.

Banned
    I agree no parent should have to face that kind of pain

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    Lets put you in the parents place. What then? Was this there fault? Are they not entitled to condolences for the loss of their child?
    If it were me...there wouldn't be any loss from the death of a child. My son or daughter turns their back on this country and takes up arms and aids and abets people murdering Americans...they cease becoming anyone I claim as one of my children. Their death would mean as much to me as some animal laying dead on the side of the road.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by Lager View Post
    Wow, I wonder if any government entities apologize to the parents of convicted killers executed in the prison system.

I was thinking the same thing. What about criminals who, in the course of violent crimes, are killed by law enforcement?

I don't know the parents of this tool. I'd like to think they were utterly shocked and dismayed at his decision to join a terrorist group. From what I've read, they tried to talk him out of it. Regardless, just as if their son were killed during the commission of a violent crime, getting killed while bearing arms against U.S. Troops shouldn't be a shock to them.

This hardly warrants an "apology" but, I can see extending condolences. It's bad enough to know your son is a terrorist, then to learn he's been killed. It's gotta be rough.

Like I said, I don't know his parents or anything about them.

This is absolutely appalling! If this does not give ample evidence that this regime is anti American, nothing will.

No they weren't American Citizens. Khan was a citizen by virtue of naturalization. Like MANY other terrorists.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samir_Khan

Khan was born in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia to parents of Pakistani descent and grew up in Queens, New York. [5][6] He also spent some of his teenage years living in Westbury, New York.[7] He graduated from W. Tresper Clarke High School in 2003 where he wrote for the school newspaper.[7] According to his classmates he refused to recite Pledge of Allegiance and blamed Americans for the September 11 attacks.[8] Khan's father, Zafar Khan, is an information technology executive. The family moved to Charlotte, North Carolina in 2004.[9] There he attended Central Piedmont Community College.[10]

The parents in NOW claiming to oppose the radicalization of their son is unbelievable. I know that this is about all they could say, it's not like they could come out and agree with him is it?

And while we're busy re-applying our chap-stick to our chaffed lips after kissing the terrorists asses, why not apologize to Japan for ending WWII.

http://www.investors.com/NewsAndAnal...t-Accepted.htm