Pecan and Mushroom Burgers
Quick Info: Servings
Nutritional Info (Per serving): Calories: 197, Saturated Fat: 1g, Sodium: 282mg, Dietary Fiber: 4g, Total Fat: 12g, Carbs: 19g, Cholesterol: 26mg, Protein: 5g
Carb Choices: 1.5
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 25 mins
Rest Time: 50 mins
Total Time: 1 h 30 mins
- 1/3 cup(s) yogurt, low-fat plain
- 3 tablespoon cheese, blue (crumbled)
- 1 1/2 tablespoon vinegar, balsamic
- 2/3 cup(s) bulgur
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup(s) water
- 6 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 ounce(s) mushrooms
- 1 1/2 cup(s) onion(s)
- 1 tablespoon cheese, blue (crumbled)
- 3/4 cup(s) nuts, pecans
- 1 large egg(s)
- 1/2 cup(s) bread crumbs, fine, dry
- 8 whole roll, 100% whole-wheat
- pepper, black ground
- 1/2 teaspoon vinegar, balsamic
- 1 bunch(es) watercress
To Prepare Blue Cheese Sauce: Combine yogurt, blue cheese and vinegar in a small bowl and blend with a fork to make a chunky sauce.
To Prepare Burgers:
1. Place bulgur and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a small bowl. Pour the boiling water over, cover and set aside until the water is absorbed, about 20 minutes. Drain in a sieve, pressing out excess liquid.
2. Meanwhile, heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms, onion and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt; cook, stirring, until the vegetables are softened, 8 to 10 minutes. Stir in vinegar. Immediately transfer the mixture to a plate and let cool to room temperature, about 30 minutes.
3. Toast pecans in a small dry skillet over medium-low heat, stirring, until fragrant, 4 to 6 minutes. Transfer to a plate to cool.
4. Combine the vegetable mixture and pecans in a food processor; pulse briefly until coarsely chopped. Add egg and the bulgur; pulse briefly, scraping down the sides if necessary, until the mixture is cohesive but roughly textured. Transfer to a bowl; stir in breadcrumbs and pepper. Mix well.
5. With dampened hands, form the mixture into eight 1/2-inch-thick patties, using about 1/2 cup for each.
6. Using 2 teaspoons oil per batch, cook 4 patties at a time in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until evenly browned and heated through, about 4 minutes per side. Meanwhile, split and toast buns, if using, to serve the burgers on. Garnish the burgers with watercress and the cheese sauce, if desired.