Pecan and Mushroom Burgers

Quick Info: Servings
    Contains Nuts
    Contains Wheat/Gluten
    Contains Dairy
    Contains Egg
    Vegetarian
    Heart-Healthy

Nutritional Info (Per serving): Calories: 197, Saturated Fat: 1g, Sodium: 282mg, Dietary Fiber: 4g, Total Fat: 12g, Carbs: 19g, Cholesterol: 26mg, Protein: 5g
    Carb Choices: 1.5

Recipe Source:

Prep Time: 15 mins
    Cook Time: 25 mins
    Rest Time: 50 mins
    Total Time: 1 h 30 mins

Ingredients

• 1/3 cup(s) yogurt, low-fat plain
    • 3 tablespoon cheese, blue (crumbled)
    • 1 1/2 tablespoon vinegar, balsamic
    • 2/3 cup(s) bulgur
    • 3/4 teaspoon salt
    • 1 cup(s) water
    • 6 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
    • 8 ounce(s) mushrooms
    • 1 1/2 cup(s) onion(s)
    • 1 tablespoon cheese, blue (crumbled)
    • 3/4 cup(s) nuts, pecans
    • 1 large egg(s)
    • 1/2 cup(s) bread crumbs, fine, dry
    • 8 whole roll, 100% whole-wheat
    • pepper, black ground
    • 1/2 teaspoon vinegar, balsamic
    • 1 bunch(es) watercress
    Preparation

To Prepare Blue Cheese Sauce: Combine yogurt, blue cheese and vinegar in a small bowl and blend with a fork to make a chunky sauce.

To Prepare Burgers:
    1. Place bulgur and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a small bowl. Pour the boiling water over, cover and set aside until the water is absorbed, about 20 minutes. Drain in a sieve, pressing out excess liquid.

2. Meanwhile, heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms, onion and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt; cook, stirring, until the vegetables are softened, 8 to 10 minutes. Stir in vinegar. Immediately transfer the mixture to a plate and let cool to room temperature, about 30 minutes.

3. Toast pecans in a small dry skillet over medium-low heat, stirring, until fragrant, 4 to 6 minutes. Transfer to a plate to cool.

4. Combine the vegetable mixture and pecans in a food processor; pulse briefly until coarsely chopped. Add egg and the bulgur; pulse briefly, scraping down the sides if necessary, until the mixture is cohesive but roughly textured. Transfer to a bowl; stir in breadcrumbs and pepper. Mix well.

5. With dampened hands, form the mixture into eight 1/2-inch-thick patties, using about 1/2 cup for each.

6. Using 2 teaspoons oil per batch, cook 4 patties at a time in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until evenly browned and heated through, about 4 minutes per side. Meanwhile, split and toast buns, if using, to serve the burgers on. Garnish the burgers with watercress and the cheese sauce, if desired.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

I would rather die than eat a burger without meat in it. It defies natural law.
    "Our president delivered his State of the Union message to Congress. That is one of the things his contract calls for -- to tell congress the condition of the country. This message, as I say, is to Congress. The rest of the people know the condition of the country, for they live in it, but Congress has no idea what is going on in America, so the president has to tell 'em." ~ Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    Agreed, not happenin!:eek:
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    You sound like SR. I won't be making these any time soon (like never), but might substitute ground beef for the bulgur. :D
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"