1. #1 Prayers for an old classmate 
    Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Last night an old classmate of mine lost her little boy. Prayers for her and her family are greatly appreciated. He was sick last week and yesterday he had a fever that spiked to around 104, took him to the hospital and brought it down, however last night it spiked again and they rushed him back to the hospital, however he stopped breathing and they couldn't revive him. They live in Colorado and the hospital thinks it's possible his death is connected to the cantaloupe contamination from earlier in the summer. They are going to do and autopsy to find out for sure.
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

Power CUer
    How very sad. That poor kid and his family.

Prayers are coming for the family. How very sad. How old was the little one?
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    Prayers are coming for the family. How very sad. How old was the little one?
    he was 18mos this month, she's beating her self up pretty bad over it too from what i understand. :(
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

How awful, it sounds a lot like Reye's Syndrome.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    How awful, it sounds a lot like Reye's Syndrome.
    nah, it was more like regular flu s/s until he stopped breathing it's going to be 6-8 weeks till they get the results from the autopsy :(

Hi fettpett ...

I too said prayers for the mother and family to help them get through this terrible time.

I always say prayers for those that ask. I just don't post them each time, but this situation is just too sad, especially with someone so young.

May God give them the strength needed to help them deal with their loss. It must be devasting for them.

~ ABC
    Last edited by ABC in Georgia; 10-10-2011 at 02:56 PM.
    American By Choice ~ 1980