1. #1 Brown quit as police minister after dancing around his office in his underwear. 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    'Too many underpant reports to ignore'

"nothing untoward" had occurred at the post-budget party in his office but
    Wollongong MP Noreen Hay has denied that Mr Brown straddled her breasts during the incident.

NEW South Wales Premier Nathan Rees says Matt Brown quit as police minister after he was caught out in a lie about dancing around his office in his underwear.
    Mr Brown resigned from state cabinet last night over the allegations, just three days after being sworn in as police minister.

The Australian newspaper, quoting a witness, reported Mr Brown stripped down to his "very brief" underpants and danced on a green leather couch in his office.

Mr Rees said today that Mr Brown had yesterday told him "nothing untoward" had occurred at the post-budget party in his office, but dozens of differing stories emerged last night. "He gave me assurances that there had been absolutely nothing untoward about the evening that had been held in his office," Mr Rees said on Fairfax radio.

"I subsequently heard too many differing reports and I took it upon myself to directly ring people who'd been present during the course of the evening and a very different picture emerged. "I subsequently put it to former minister Brown late last night that 'there are too many reports of you in your underwear for me to ignore'.

"He conceded he'd been in his underwear and that gave me no option but to demand his resignation." Mr Rees said he would have been willing to support Mr Brown if he had been honest about the "bitterly disappointing" allegations but after he misled him "the situation was beyond that".

Wollongong MP Noreen Hay has denied that Mr Brown straddled her breasts during the incident. Mr Rees said Ms Hay was not one of the witnesses he had spoken to last night.

He admitted the revelations about Mr Brown were a huge setback.

"Embarrassed doesn't begin to describe it ... (it's) beyond even anger. This is just a gross disappointment," Mr Rees said.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au...-12377,00.html

noonwitch
    This guy has a long-lost, black twin named Kwame.

Sonnabend
    *sigh*

No, just a drunk idiot. He had a shot at a new ministry and a chance to make some real decisions. He blew it.