Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    Cash is good for the psych factor, but it would be a good idea to take your money out of BoA and move it to either a credit union or a local bank.

They are much better about these things.
    That's what I did.

I guess that I will be going back to writing a lot more checks. I have a ton that I have never used.
    Liberals are proof that evolution is only a theory. Nothing that stupid could evolve past a monkey.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by jediab View Post
    I guess that I will be going back to writing a lot more checks. I have a ton that I have never used.
    Terrific idea! Start a movement. If you can get everyone to go back to writing checks in the grocery store, there will be peasants with pitchforks going after these banks.

When I see someone writing a check in a grocery store, I think of David Spade saying something like, "Hey lady! 1970 is calling and it want's its checkbook back!"

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Terrific idea! Start a movement. If you can get everyone to go back to writing checks in the grocery store, there will be peasants with pitchforks going after these banks.

When I see someone writing a check in a grocery store, I think of David Spade saying something like, "Hey lady! 1970 is calling and it want's its checkbook back!"
    Then David Spade can kiss my ass. Using checks is a legal means to conclude a transaction. If you're behind me and can't wait the 30 seconds it takes me to write a check(I usually have the pay to the order of, my phone number, and signature already written out) , then that's too bad.

Power CUer
    The fees only apply to basic accounts, the ones that already have monthly fees anyway. Keep enough money in the account and it won't affect you.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    The fees only apply to basic accounts, the ones that already have monthly fees anyway. Keep enough money in the account and it won't affect you.

I didn't know that. I don't pay any fees, 2 free checking accounts as well.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Then David Spade can kiss my ass. Using checks is a legal means to conclude a transaction. If you're behind me and can't wait the 30 seconds it takes me to write a check(I usually have the pay to the order of, my phone number, and signature already written out) , then that's too bad.
    You need to understand that I labor under a grocery store curse. Regardless of which line I get in, a person ahead of me will have some problem checking out. The reader can't read the check, is using WIC and selected the wrong things. either doesn't have enough money or enough EBT and has to decide what to take off, the cash register breaks, or it's time for shift change. Seriously, any little thing has potential for disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    You need to understand that I labor under a grocery store curse. Regardless of which line I get in, a person ahead of me will have some problem checking out. The reader can't read the check, is using WIC and selected the wrong things. either doesn't have enough money or enough EBT and has to decide what to take off, the cash register breaks, or it's time for shift change. Seriously, any little thing has potential for disaster.
    Sort of like me. No matter what line I get in, it's the slowest in the store.

Everyone was so happy when this evil regime decided to force banks to cap credit card transaction fees. It was FINALLY going to stop banks from making a profit.

Stupid is as stupid does.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tipsycatlover View Post
    Everyone was so happy when this evil regime decided to force banks to cap credit card transaction fees. It was FINALLY going to stop banks from making a profit.

Stupid is as stupid does.
    Because Chase is really struggling to make a profit.