Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    That sounds like a Jim dandy topic but I thought this thread was about protesters being payed to protest.
    Look at the sign the dude is holding in the video Fett linked.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    Look at the sign the dude is holding in the video Fett linked.
    Okay tax thread now, we should have one about craigs list having an ad for payed protesters, caught my eye earlier.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Okay tax thread now, we should have one about craigs list having an ad for payed protesters, caught my eye earlier.
    Catch up old man. :p
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    Catch up old man. :p
    Well I say if 10% is good enough for Jesus it's good enough for Uncle Sam!:D
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

OK people, connect the dots:

One of the more disturbing aspects of the Obama-ACORN connection is that the White House political affairs director is one Patrick Gaspard.

Gaspard doesn’t register on the media radar screen in the way that his immediate Bush-era predecessor, Karl Rove, did. But as the New Orleans-based ACORN has been implicated in a host of illegal schemes ranging from voter registration fraud to embezzlement to tax evasion, he may get there. That’s because prior to assuming his current job, Gaspard, at least according to ACORN founder Wade Rathke, had been political director for the New York City chapter of ACORN under Bertha Lewis, who last year replaced Rathke as the group’s chief organizer and CEO. What’s more, he’s worked closely with the ACORN-controlled Working Families Party and the largest local within the Service Employees International Union.

This weekend the Working Families Party of New York, Gaspard’s organization, placed an ad on Craig’s list for paid activists to fight Wall Street.
    *The OP has an ad from Working Families Party of New York placing an ad on Craig's list to pay activists (maybe $22/hr)
    *Working Families of New York is controlled by ACORN and connected to SEIU
    *Obama's poltical affairs director is a former political director for ACORN and worked closely with Working Families of New York
    *We're in campaign season

Herman Cain: "I believe this a coordinated effort of the unions and Obama supports to distract the American people from the real problem which is the failed policies of the Obama administration," he said.

Elspeth (if I may put myself here without looking too conceited): Occupy Wall Street is really a pro-Obama front. I have thought since this very organized Occupy Wall Street/Philadelphia/Seattle/etc... is just a way of mobilizing the left and the youth vote both of which Obama has been losing during his first term. The same people who backed Oblahblah are backing OWS.

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    This sounds questionable. Why pay protesters to do something that has no intrinsic value?
    Because to them, this does have intrinsic value. Protesting energizes the left's base and keeps them focused.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post

*The OP has an ad from Working Families Party of New York placing an ad on Craig's list to pay activists (maybe $22/hr)
    *Obama's poltical affairs director is a former political director for ACORN and worked closely with Working Families of New York

Herman Cain: "I believe this a coordinated effort of the unions and Obama supports to distract the American people from the real problem which is the failed policies of the Obama administration," he said.

Elspeth (if I may put myself here without looking too conceited): Occupy Wall Street is really a pro-Obama front. I have thought since this very organized Occupy Wall Street/Philadelphia/Seattle/etc... is just a way of mobilizing the left and the youth vote both of which Obama has been losing during his first term. The same people who backed Oblahblah are backing OWS.
    I'd say that you have it down. Good analysis.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post

I'd say that you have it down. Good analysis.
    Thank you.

It's political theater to energize 2012 with the left base who are disillusioned. Meanwhile, Obama is not doing anything they really want and is practicing his own corrupt crony capitalism.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    I edited the quotes to take out the photo references.

yeah, This whole thing is nothing more than an orcharstrated front for Obama's reelection. I agree with Rush's assessment that the Dems and the rest of the left is jealous of the TEA Party and are trying to do the same thing, except they are having to try and cheat to get it.
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post

You hit this:

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    This sounds questionable. Why pay protesters to do something that has no intrinsic value?
    Look at the leadership in the Obama administration. It makes quite a bit of sense to have them agitate ala Acorn and like organizations. What they are doing to our country is disgusting.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"