Thread: Cellphone call blocking? Anyone know?

1. #1 Cellphone call blocking? Anyone know? 
    Fabulous Poster
    The selection below reads like T Mobile is forbidden from allowing you to block numbers, like the collection agency that keeps calling me for Capitol One despite the fact that I have told them that it's illegal to call everyone with the same last name as the person you are looking for. It's really rather disconcerting when you consider tht I am actually a Capitol One customer and they ought to be able to see that I am not the person they are looking for. But I digress.

I think it's BS. I find it difficult to believe that there is a law against call blocking. Anyone know for sure?

Blocking Anonymous Callers

When you use T-Mobile communications services to receive calls, the telephone number of the calling party is generally delivered to your mobile device, allowing you to identify the number (and the name you may have entered into your contacts) of a caller before answering. However, the FCC has mandated that carriers allow callers the ability to block their Caller ID information and thus place “anonymous” calls. T-Mobile is obligated to honor the privacy of the caller in these circumstances. Of course, you may choose not to accept such calls. But we cannot block the call or override the privacy choice of the caller.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    you can now put your cell number on the Do Not Call list
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry