1. #1 Barbara Boxer... 
    I've written every Senator in the country voicing my concerns and opposition to the proposed changes in Veterans Benifits, as well as voice my concerns about the insane spending... you know, the usual.

I got a response back from Sen Barbara Boxer (Dem - California)

Dear Erik,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and concerns with me via email. I hope you will understand that, because of the volume of emails I receive from residents of California, I cannot at this time respond to messages received from residents of other states.

My response

Dear Senator Boxer,

Thank you for the "reply". While I do understand you are overwhelmed with correspondence from your own constituents and, therefore, not willing to respond to me, I want you to know that we in the military make no such distinction when facing terrorism. We willl defend any citizen of our country, regardless of what state they reside in.

It was a canned response. You'll most likely get the exact same thing again.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

I know it was an auto-response. What I found interesting was that she was the ONLY senator who drew the distinction of non-residents.

On their web-portals, in order to send them a message you MUST enter an address. Most of the senators (including Barbara Boxer) have pre-populated address blocks for deployed service members (i.e. APO AE address). This is what I used.

I just found it comical (and predictable) that, although she has her portal set up to accept message traffic from deployed service members, she still (politely) tells us to take a hike and bother someone else since we're not currently residing in her State.

I'd prefer something like that then the responses I get from my own Senators where they tell me to piss off and they don't give a damn what my opinion is.

Can't wait for Hoekstra to take Levin's seat next year.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    Can't wait for Hoekstra to take Levin's seat next year.

Not going to happen. Mainly, because Carl was re-elected in 2008 and isn't up again until 2014, at which time he is probably going to retire.

Debbie Stabenow is up for re-election in 2012, and I believe that Hoekstra has already announced he is running for her seat. You may hate her, but she is popular in metro Detroit and Lansing, which is where the majority of the voters live. She's also never lost a general election, except for the time she was Wolpe's running mate in the governor's race in 1994.

Hoekstra, while not my favorite politician, was totally screwed by various parties in his primary race for governor. Mainly, he was screwed by Michigan Right To Life, which chose to endorse Cox, an adulterous crook, over Hoekstra, who has been faithful to their cause his entire career. Cox, incidentally, is the former Michigan Attorney General who white-washed the investigation into Kwame Kilpatrick's role in the murder of Tamara Green, the stripper that allegedly performed a lap dance on the former mayor and was assaulted by the Kwamster's wife when she walked in and saw what was going on. RTL really screwed up on that endorsement.

There's also all of us on the liberal side who hated both of the democrats running, and voted for Rick in the GOP primary because we figured he wasn't a social conservative.

Quote Originally Posted by Witmaster View Post
    I've written every Senator in the country voicing my concerns and opposition to the proposed changes in Veterans Benifits, as well as voice my concerns about the insane spending... you know, the usual.

I got a response back from Sen Barbara Boxer (Dem - California)

Dear Erik,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and concerns with me via email. I hope you will understand that, because of the volume of emails I receive from residents of California, I cannot at this time respond to messages received from residents of other states.

My response

Dear Senator Boxer,

Thank you for the "reply". While I do understand you are overwhelmed with correspondence from your own constituents and, therefore, not willing to respond to me, I want you to know that we in the military make no such distinction when facing terrorism. We willl defend any citizen of our country, regardless of what state they reside in.
    Nice.
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

Power CUer
    Is there a way to get the whole email exchange to a conservative talk show? If you send it from the front, maybe they'll read it on the air.

I have one suggestion. KFI radio in LA has a local show by Tim Conway Jr. (the son of the Carol Burnett guy). He is a major conservative and loves knocking Dems, especially the more leftish ones like Boxer. He also is always looking for material. I'd send it to his radio show. A lot of people listen to him, believe it or not, and some of the bits he does end up on national shows. Don't know why, except maybe the famous father thing. It's worth a try:
    Last edited by Elspeth; 10-12-2011 at 10:33 PM.