1. #1 Apologies Not Accepted 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Leadership: Leaked cables show Japan nixed a presidential apology to Hiroshima and Nagasaki for using nukes to end the overseas contingency operation known as World War II. Will the next president apologize for the current one?

The obsessive need of this president to apologize for American exceptionalism and our defense of freedom continued recently when Barack Obama's State Department (run by Hillary Clinton) contacted the family of al-Qaida propagandist and recruiter Samir Khan to "express its condolences" to his family.

Khan, a right-hand man to Anwar al-Awlaki, was killed along with Awlaki in an airstrike in Yemen on Sept. 30. We apologized for killing a terrorist before he could help kill any more of us.

Is he charging for them yet???? :D
    May the FORCE be with you!

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    I am fonder of Japan than most countries, despite their insistence on whaling, but I see no need to apologize to them for Hiroshima anymore than we would apologize to the Germans for doing what it took to effect a defeat.

So I say fuck anyone who wants an apology, anyone who thinks it's a good idea, and anyone who would give one.

That goes for slavery too. Why on earth would I apologize for slavery? And how meaningful would it be if I did?

It's hard to think about the effects of the bombing and not wish there had been a better way to end the war. To me, it would all depend on how the statement was worded. A statement of regret for the suffering of the people of Hiroshima and Nagasaki does not necessarily have to be an apology.

There wasn't a better way to end the war, I recognize that. To continue to engage in a conventional war would have cost the lives of thousands more american soldiers.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    That goes for slavery too. Why on earth would I apologize for slavery? And how meaningful would it be if I did?
    I am pretty thankful for slavery, truth be known. One of the cornerstones that made us the great country that we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
    I am pretty thankful for slavery, truth be known. One of the cornerstones that made us the great country that we are.
    Dude. smh