Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1 Best Movie/TV President 
    Power CUer NJCardFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    16,060
    There have been a bevy of actors playing the President in movies and on television with a wide ranging cast of actors. From Henry Fonda in Failsafe to Morgan Freeman in Deep Impact to Cherry Jones on 24, who played the best, most convincing president?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    Power CUer noonwitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Warren, MI
    Posts
    12,586
    The most entertaining was Harrison Ford in Air Force One (I think that was the name of the movie). He saved his country and his family!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    Power CUer NJCardFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    16,060
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    The most entertaining was Harrison Ford in Air Force One (I think that was the name of the movie). He saved his country and his family!
    His country was never in jeopardy. The key to the hijacking was to have a prominent Soviet leader released from prison. Killing the president wouldn't have amounted to much because Glenn Close was waiting in the wings. In fact, they were about to invoke the 25th Amendment at one point in the movie. That said, my some of my favorite movie/tv presidents are:

    David Palmer(Dennis Haysbert)-Even though Haysbert said that he used Jimmy Carter as an inspiration, Palmer is probably my favorite fictional president.

    Thomas Whitmore(Bill Pullman)-Who doesn't like a president who dons a flightsuit to fight aliens.

    The President(Henry Fonda)-Even though he didn't have a name, simply the president, he had to make a tough choice of nuking America's largest city in response to the U.S. bombing Moscow without provocation. His wife was in NY when he had it nuked.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    Senior Member Arroyo_Doble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Ft Worth
    Posts
    3,788
    Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho from Idiocracy; a movie that relegates Joe Wilson's outburst to mere life imitating art.

    President Camacho: Shit. I know shit's bad right now, with all that starving bullshit, and the dust storms, and we are running out of french fries and burrito coverings. But I got a solution.
    South Carolina Representative # 1: That's what you said last time, dipshit!
    South Carolina Representative # 2: Yeah, I got a solution, you're a dick! South Carolina, what's up!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    Power CUer NJCardFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    16,060
    Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho from Idiocracy; a movie that relegates Joe Wilson's outburst to mere life imitating art.

    President Camacho: Shit. I know shit's bad right now, with all that starving bullshit, and the dust storms, and we are running out of french fries and burrito coverings. But I got a solution.
    South Carolina Representative # 1: That's what you said last time, dipshit!
    South Carolina Representative # 2: Yeah, I got a solution, you're a dick! South Carolina, what's up!
    But Brawndo has electrolytes.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    Senior Member Madisonian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Peoples Democratic Socialist Republic of Michiganistanovia
    Posts
    2,417
    Peter Sellers as President Merkin Muffley in Dr. Strangelove.
    Gene Hackman as President Alan Richmond in Absolute Power
    Jack Nicholson as President James Dale in Mars Attacks!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    CU Royalty JB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    8,020
    Seconded.

    Nicholson in Mars Attacks. :D
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    Senior Member namvet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Western Mo
    Posts
    3,012
    Ed Flanders as Truman. a spittin' image
    Liberals: Obama's useful Idiots
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Florida. The Cuban Part.
    Posts
    3,007
    Quote Originally Posted by namvet View Post
    Ed Flanders as Truman. a spittin' image
    No. . .




    Gary Sinise as Truman?

    But I will say Bill Pullmans President Thomas Whitmore was almost note perfect. Even the VERY subtle implication that, at the very least, he was not a Democrat.


    ~QC
    "The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is hard business. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." Rudyard Kipling - (1865-1936)

    Context doesn't matter to this liberal it seems/ as long as it satisfies his godless dreams/ like monkeys throwing sh!t as castles in air/ as long as he throws/that is the extent of his care.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #10  
    Senior Member namvet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Western Mo
    Posts
    3,012
    Quote Originally Posted by CueSi View Post
    No. . .




    Gary Sinise as Truman?

    But I will say Bill Pullmans President Thomas Whitmore was almost note perfect. Even the VERY subtle implication that, at the very least, he was not a Democrat.


    ~QC
    no. Sinise is not even close. THIS is truman

    Liberals: Obama's useful Idiots
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •