Thread: Obama Sends 100 US Troops to Uganda to Help Combat Lordís Resistance Army

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Obama Sends 100 US Troops to Uganda to Help Combat Lordís Resistance Army 
    Two days ago President Obama authorized the deployment to Uganda of approximately 100 combat-equipped U.S. forces to help regional forces ďremove from the battlefieldĒ Ė meaning capture or kill Ė Lordís Resistance Army leader Joseph Kony and senior leaders of the LRA.

The forces will deploy beginning with a small group and grow over the next month to 100. They will ultimately go to Uganda, South Sudan, the Central African Republic, and the Democratic Republic of the Congo, with the permission of those countries. ... http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics...sistance-army/

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    and yet another illegal operation that this Administration will take part it....and against Christians that want more democracy in the region
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    WARMONGER!!!!!!!:D

Man...Obama is a bloodthirsty bastard!!!!:eek:
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    WARMONGER!!!!!!!:D

Man...Obama is a bloodthirsty bastard!!!!:eek:
    well he never said he was against war, just against war started by Republican's :D
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

And now a word from the left....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g04aCp3ej-I

Why do the above words have such a familiar *ring* to them? Itís almost like we have heard them before, like maybe from another Democratic POTUS? Maybe in 1961 or so?

Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    and yet another illegal operation that this Administration will take part it....and against Christians that want more democracy in the region
    Might want to get your facts straight a bit. An act passed last year authorized this.

And the LRA is an organization that was declared a terrorist group by the last Administration.

In the last 3 years they've conducted multiple massacres. They've pressed more then 10,000 children into service, killing their family and teachers when they objected. Most of those children have died, being forced untrained into front lines of combat. The leaders of the organization all have international arrest warrants out for them.

These are the types of people that we should be happy to see go.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    Might want to get your facts straight a bit. An act passed last year authorized this.

And the LRA is an organization that was declared a terrorist group by the last Administration.

In the last 3 years they've conducted multiple massacres. They've pressed more then 10,000 children into service, killing their family and teachers when they objected. Most of those children have died, being forced untrained into front lines of combat. The leaders of the organization all have international arrest warrants out for them.

I was just going by what I heard today about it from Rush...hell he'd never even heard of them till today. If they are a terrorist group, great kill them.

From what I have learned about 'em we should target them with drones and kill 'em all.

Then leave Uganda to the Ugandans......maybe that's not asking too much.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post

Maybe so but there truly is no NATIONAL interest in this conflict. I say no troops to Uganda.