1. #1 Report: McCain a ‘Hero’ to Taxpayers 
    Report: McCain a ‘Hero’ to Taxpayers
    John McCain is a “hero” to U.S. taxpayers for his lifetime record of resisting earmarks, while Barack Obama and Joe Biden are “hostile” and “unfriendly,” a government spending watchdog group has concluded.

In its new report, the Council for Citizens Against Government Waste gave the Republican presidential nominee a 100 percent rating for his votes in the Senate last year, and a lifetime score of 88 percent.

By comparison, the nonpartisan, nonprofit group, which is the lobbying arm of Citizens Against Government Waste, assigned Obama, the Democratic presidential nominee, 10 percent last year and a lifetime score of 18 percent. Biden, Obama’s running mate, scored 0 percent last year and an overall score of 22 percent.

Higher scores mean stronger resistance to federal earmarks. Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, the Republican vice presidential candidate, was not included because the ratings evaluate only members of Congress.

Interesting information

Power CUer
    An interesting side by side analysis was done last month by the Bank of America on the economic plans of Obama and McCain. I don't know how to post it here since it's a pdf file, but if someone can tip me off on how to do it, I will.

Goldwater
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    An interesting side by side analysis was done last month by the Bank of America on the economic plans of Obama and McCain. I don't know how to post it here since it's a pdf file, but if someone can tip me off on how to do it, I will.
    You can only post a link to it really.

Power CUer
    It's a pdf that I got in email, so that won't work. Basically, it tells me that if you're affected by the AMT, or will be inheriting a large sum of money, or make a decent income (all of which apply to me), you can't think of NOT voting for McCain.

when will the left realize that this is a deciding issue for this election?
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    I posted an IBD editorial that showed basically ALL people will pay more under Obama because of the elimination of ---

Aw hell, here it is again:

Using data from the Brookings Institution's and Urban Institute's joint Tax Policy Center, Brill and Viard considered the Obama plan's effect on a two-earner couple with one child in college and another age 12 or younger. Their marginal tax rates are between 34% and 39% in the $31,000 to $45,000 income range — a 13 percentage point or more increase from current rates.
    http://www.ibdeditorial.com/IBDArtic...04297643560219

It then shows ALL income groups graphically.

I also have a question. If roughly 40% of people pay NO income tax now, where are the 95% figures coming from??? The math just doesn't work!

This does not even take into account the fact that increased fuel taxes will be paid by the citizens in the form of increased food costs, fuel costs, lost jobs etc.
    I long for the days when our President actually liked our country.