Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    You mean like comparing her to a gorilla? Stuff like that?
    I guarantee it'll be something similar.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    You mean like comparing her to a gorilla? Stuff like that?
    Someone mark the day where for a 5.4 10−44 s. , I agreed with A_D. I'm sorry, guys, Michelle Obama is a touchy subject for me. Very touchy. Nothing makes me remember my blackness and quietly back out of a room/forum/discussion by the constant assailing of her appearance (her fashion sense, OTOH, is atrocious and that's gonna be fair game no matter what).To credit, however, the comparison between Michelle Obama and a gorilla happened only once on this forum, so I guess that's small comfort.

It's just the kind of thing that makes me wonder if racism just mutates itself into what it really is: collectivism that varies itself based on politics: If a person agrees with me and is part of the group, they are fully human. If not, then they are the avatar of all errors of their racial group.

~QC
    "The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is hard business. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." Rudyard Kipling - (1865-1936)

Context doesn't matter to this liberal it seems/ as long as it satisfies his godless dreams/ like monkeys throwing sh!t as castles in air/ as long as he throws/that is the extent of his care.

Quote Originally Posted by CueSi View Post
    Someone mark the day where for a 5.4 10−44 s. , I agreed with A_D. I'm sorry, guys, Michelle Obama is a touchy subject for me. Very touchy. Nothing makes me remember my blackness and quietly back out of a room/forum/discussion by the constant assailing of her appearance (her fashion sense, OTOH, is atrocious and that's gonna be fair game no matter what).To credit, however, the comparison between Michelle Obama and a gorilla happened only once on this forum, so I guess that's small comfort.

It's just the kind of thing that makes me wonder if racism just mutates itself into what it really is: collectivism that varies itself based on politics: If a person agrees with me and is part of the group, they are fully human. If not, then they are the avatar of all errors of their racial group.

~QC
    As I stated, no one got up in arms when Bush was compared to a chimpanzee. Now, is it a touchy thing comparing a black person with any kind of primate? Of course it is but then again so is calling a black man serving as Secretary of State for a Republican president a "house slave" and an "Uncle Tom".

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    As I stated, no one got up in arms when Bush was compared to a chimpanzee.
    You really sussed it out there, Sherlock; Bush isn't black.

Fabulous Poster
    As I stated, no one got up in arms when Bush was compared to a chimpanzee. Now, is it a touchy thing comparing a black person with any kind of primate? Of course it is but then again so is calling a black man serving as Secretary of State for a Republican president a "house slave" and an "Uncle Tom".
    Some ethnic groups except Anglo Saxons have a term for one of its own which is considered to be siding against the tribe. I have heard Mexicans call Mexican-Americans "coconuts" (brown on the outside white on the inside) for opposing illegal immigration. Some Blacks call "white acting" blacks "oreo" and occasion throw some at one. Uncle Tom is a particularly biting thing to call a black person who is working against the interests of black people or collaborating with the enemy, but it's far from calling the person the nword.

The conservatives decided early on in the game against Obama (like in the primary) that they were going to say outloud what they would normally only say out of earshot, if a black man was going to run for president there would be no special rules.
    No special rules: meaning that they would continue to make the thinly veiled racist remarks similar to their backhanded anti-semitic remarks, and of course openly anti-gay remarks.

Quote Originally Posted by CueSi View Post

~QC
    If it makes you feel any better, Steven Tyler looks like a monkey, too.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Fabulous Poster
    Now, is it a touchy thing comparing a black person with any kind of primate?
    That's because George Bush isn't considered to be evidence of the evolutionary inferiority of white people. But Perry might be working on galvanizing the construct.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    If it makes you feel any better, Steven Tyler looks like a monkey, too.
    We had a girl in my high school, looked a bit like Snookie, who some people called "monkey face". While I never called her that to her face, I have used the term to describe the condition. She was a bitch, but it was a cruel thing for people to do. I recently found out that my sister's stepdaughter went through the same torment, "monkey face" all through school. Is that funny to you?

Dude, I was with you guys too when people were calling Colin Powell and Condie Rice names because of their official capacities and personal affinities...so don't think this is an all of a sudden thing.

~QC
    "The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is hard business. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." Rudyard Kipling - (1865-1936)

Context doesn't matter to this liberal it seems/ as long as it satisfies his godless dreams/ like monkeys throwing sh!t as castles in air/ as long as he throws/that is the extent of his care.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    We had a girl in my high school, looked a bit like Snookie, who some people called "monkey face". While I never called her that to her face, I have used the term to describe the condition. She was a bitch, but it was a cruel thing for people to do. I recently found out that my sister's stepdaughter went through the same torment, "monkey face" all through school. Is that funny to you?
    Depends, the first girl you spoke of, the bitch, hell yes. Your niece, no.

I was just pointing out that white people look like monkeys, too. Hell, Bush does look like a chimp.