Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 31
  1. #21  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    The West
    Posts
    1,618
    I do not understand the practice of extending the scorn or disapproval one feels for a particular leader to their spouse. I know the libs do it, but that's because most of them have to work up a good hatred before they get motivated to action. Not unlike football players grunting and jumping in a huddle before a game. Sad to say that many on the right are adopting the same attitude. In my view, there's plenty of fodder for disagreement and criticism of most leftist politicians to keep occupied with, without extending it to their families. The only exception is when wives or family members take a political role or stance - such as Hillary's role in health care reform. Then they're fair game.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #22  
    Fabulous Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,161
    Quote Originally Posted by Lager View Post
    I do not understand the practice of extending the scorn or disapproval one feels for a particular leader to their spouse. I know the libs do it, but that's because most of them have to work up a good hatred before they get motivated to action. Not unlike football players grunting and jumping in a huddle before a game. Sad to say that many on the right are adopting the same attitude. In my view, there's plenty of fodder for disagreement and criticism of most leftist politicians to keep occupied with, without extending it to their families. The only exception is when wives or family members take a political role or stance - such as Hillary's role in health care reform. Then they're fair game.
    Ah, the Hillary Exception.

    Maybe the real issue is the socially unacceptable practice of making personal remarks. George Bush may be a dimwit, but it has nothing to do with his appearance. Michelle Obama may be a bit much, but it has nothing to do with her appearance.

    The only exception I see would be the outward signs of mental illness.
    Last edited by Novaheart; 10-17-2011 at 04:51 PM.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #23  
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    812
    Its not even racism, its just ignorant hate for the sake of hate.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #24  
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    11,970
    Quote Originally Posted by KhrushchevsShoe View Post
    Its not even racism, its just ignorant hate for the sake of hate.
    Bullshit. It is neither, dummy. Some Conseravitives do it for shits and grins. If any of us met her in person, we would be cordial and respectful. I do not know a soul that has attacked her children like the lunatic left attacked the Bush and Palin children. You left wing fuckers are the haters.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #25  
    Senior Member Apache's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Tree rats are watching you
    Posts
    7,098
    Quote Originally Posted by KhrushchevsShoe View Post
    Its not even racism, its just ignorant hate for the sake of hate.
    Not hate, twinkle-toes, just unrepentent mockery. There is a difference
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

    We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

    R.I.P. Crockspot
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #26  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    The West
    Posts
    1,618
    Quote Originally Posted by KhrushchevsShoe View Post
    Its not even racism, its just ignorant hate for the sake of hate.
    What a keen insight coming from someone who labeled members of the tea party as "idiot fat hicks who dress up like Thomas Jefferson..."
    Last edited by Lager; 10-17-2011 at 07:30 PM.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #27  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    The West
    Posts
    1,618
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Ah, the Hillary Exception.
    I was, of course, talking about her political actions as opening her up to potential criticism and ridicule for her views and competency, not for meaningless attacks on her personal appearance, etc.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #28  
    Power CUer NJCardFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    16,637
    Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    You really sussed it out there, Sherlock; Bush isn't black.
    Oh, so it's OK to compare a white person to a monkey. Gotcha.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #29  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    42,876
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Oh, so it's OK to compare a white person to a monkey. Gotcha.
    All are equal but some are more equal than others.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #30  
    Power CUer NJCardFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    16,637
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    If it makes you feel any better, Steven Tyler looks like a monkey, too.
    Steven Tyler as well as Mick Jaggar are living examples on how the caveman had relations with billy goats.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •