1. #1 Occupy Portland and war protest get almost complete media blackout here. WTF??? 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Poor babies...no coverage for you!!!! :D

Rabblevox (922 posts) Sun Oct-16-11 12:05 AM
    Original message Occupy Portland and war protest get almost complete media blackout here. WTF???

Occupy Portland is going strong in it's second week of 24 hr, peaceful occupation. Today it combined with Peace and Justice Works for an anti-war march of 5,000 strong, which came off peacefully. (again)

I guess that doesn't grab the headlines anymore?

Of the 5 or 6 MSM outlets in western Oregon, only 1 (KGW) covered it at all.

http://www.kgw.com/news/Peace-march-in-Portland-include...
    (decent news vid at the link)

This is beyond bizarre, when the Occupation has previously received fairly reasonable press here, and all the MSM knew that it was going to be an international day of action, and that Portland was one of the major Occupation cities in the US.

Is this going to be their new tactic? Not to beat us out, but just try and starve the Occupation of attention until it withers?

I don't think it's going to work.

http://occupypdx.org/

Please pay attention to us!!!!:D
    May the FORCE be with you!

A bunch of moonbats wandering around aimlessly in Portland and acting retarded, where is the news value in that? It's just a normal day there.

I guess the next shiny thing came along. Like someone got eliminated from DWTS.

Quote Originally Posted by DumbAss Tanker View Post
    A bunch of moonbats wandering around aimlessly in Portland and acting retarded, where is the news value in that? It's just a normal day there.
    Tanker, you've got a point.

The Moonbats throw demostration-parades all the time; if the news covered one, they covered them all
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

Stardust (1000+ posts) Sun Oct-16-11 05:28 AM
    Response to Original message
    1. I hate to admit it, but that's why I gave up on going to protests. I attended countless

rallies with thousands of others (in Los Angeles) and nary a mention of it on the news. Pretty discouraging. I also quit going to a peace vigil held every Friday evening on a prominent corner in Studio City because I began to feel like a fool. Getting all excited when a passing car would honk in solidarity while hundreds (literally) would drive by without the slightest acknowledgment. (Kelsey Grammer once shot us the bird.)

So, sadly, I have to concede: the media accomplished its goal. Starve us out.

I truly do still want to participate, but just don't have the energy to devote to a fruitless cause.

I hope you're right and the media won't be able to ignore the OWS protests occurring all over the world. If I were in charge on the other side, that would be my tactic: ignore us and we'll eventually give up and go home.
    Funny post.

Guess what, DUmmies? The press doesn't care because they know nothing will ever come of Occupy /insert name here./

Want some press? Rock it up with the PD. You know the old expression: If it bleeds, it leads.

Rabblevox (922 posts) Sun Oct-16-11 12:05 AM
    Original message Occupy Portland and war protest get almost complete media blackout here. WTF???
    You must be new to Portland DUmmie...what you're upset about is just another weekday to the locals there.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

They can't even get the liberals of Portland to understand their struggle.

BTW-I hate the way they call it "The Occupation". It makes me think of the dutch being occupied by the germans in WWII.