Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 I just Occupied. **Sacramento Grocery Store** 
    Oh, look, a bouncy!!!

link

Firebrand Gary Donating Member (1000+ posts) Sat Oct-15-11 02:07 AM
    Original message
    I just Occupied. **Sacramento Grocery Store** Updated at 2:07 AM

Edited on Sat Oct-15-11 02:13 AM by Firebrand Gary
    I walked in to my local grocery store (very, very large US chain) grabbed 6 items and headed for the check out counter. I did not have to walk far as there were AT LEAST 30 people in line that stretched half way through the store into the bakery section. I was immediately outraged having just left my house from watching Michael Moore's interview on Lawrence O'Donnell's show.

People were clearly unhappy and halfway up to the front I realized there was one person checking out. So I whipped out my phone and decided to look up the 2010 revenue from the company in addition to the CEO's salary.

You can guess what I found. The company made over 35 Billion last year and the CEO's total salary including benefits, stock options, etc was 24 MILLION Dollars.

So I announced in my loud speaker voice to the 30 People waiting in line, Hey guess how much this company made last year? Guess how much the CEO made? Telling the string of people the jaw dropping amount of profits made by this organization.

I asked finally "How many people here think this company can afford to help this nice lady out up at the register by hiring another person to check out?"

The line drew big time applause. I encouraged everyone to attend Occupy Sacramento TOMORROW. As I was leaving someone in the line yelled back at me as I was walking out "We are the 99%"

I could have cried hearing that, I never said anything about the 99%.

Occupy.

Edited:Typo
    Liberals need to get a life.
    tblue Donating Member (1000+ posts) Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Sat Oct-15-11 02:13 AM
    Response to Original message
    3. MY HERO!!!
    chollybocker Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Sat Oct-15-11 02:32 AM
    Response to Original message
    5. Well played.

Recently, I took an old box of bandaids from my medicine cabinet and wrote "This machine kills jobs" on each one, and stuck them in my pocket. Everytime I go to the grocery store, I surreptitiously stick one of them on the self-checkout machine, then go to the checkout with a human clerk. They haven't caught me yet! :)
    Firebrand Gary Donating Member (1000+ posts) Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Sat Oct-15-11 03:59 AM
    Response to Reply #10
    13. It makes me so crazy when I see those damn self check out lanes. Updated at 2:07 AM

Ahhhh, That is a job someone could be doing.
    Last edited by Carol; 10-15-2011 at 04:48 AM.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Honestly...they expect people to believe this crap??? :bounce:
    May the FORCE be with you!

:bounce:

Back in the fun filled days of the ol' Soviet Union, people had to stand in line for everything.

Of course Moonbats don't tell people the rest of the bullsh*t they believe; the government runs everything, and they ( Moonbats). of course, run the government. And if you thought that your life was a train wreak before, just wait until ( I'm so proud to legally insane) Moonbats get a hold of it; you'll see waiting in line at the Dollar Store as the lost golden age.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

If you assume the DUmmie is using the right numbers of 35 billion and 24 million, then the CEO was paid about 0.07% of the profits that were earned for the company's shareholders. I think he's underpaid.

I wonder if she was at Albertson's. I don't go there often but when I do, the line is ridiculous. They took out the self-check machines which pissed me off. I usually only have one or two items but inevitably have to wait behind a woman with a month's worth of groceries. Usually why I don't go there often.
    2011 CU Fantasy Baseball Champion

Quote Originally Posted by jendf View Post
    I wonder if she was at Albertson's. I don't go there often but when I do, the line is ridiculous. They took out the self-check machines which pissed me off. I usually only have one or two items but inevitably have to wait behind a woman with a month's worth of groceries. Usually why I don't go there often.
    I know what you mean.

That same woman does one of two things while in line.

Either she has decided to pay for her month's worth of groceries in loose change ( Hang on while I count this out) or she pulls this little number ( I forgot something, I'll be right back ) and some how doesn't see the other twenty people waiting in line behind her. Saw this happen once in the express lane at the old Wal-Mart I worked at, woman had three carts full of shoes and then she ran off to go get a rug with twenty people waiting in line.

Truth is more frightening then fiction any day.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

I had to go Occupy The Throne after I read that story.

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is hard business. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." Rudyard Kipling - (1865-1936)

Context doesn't matter to this liberal it seems/ as long as it satisfies his godless dreams/ like monkeys throwing sh!t as castles in air/ as long as he throws/that is the extent of his care.

Just the fact that the stupid idiots are including stock options in compensation has got to make intelligent people wonder which cracker jack box these guys got their brains.

What this idiot didn't say was that the other UNIONIZED cashiers were out back taking their UNION AUTHORIZED smoke breaks.

Bouncy....