Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23
  1. #1 Susan Sarandon Under Fire From Catholic, Jewish Groups for Calling Pope Benedict a 'N 
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Florida. The Cuban Part.
    Posts
    3,007
    Susan Sarandon Under Fire From Catholic, Jewish Groups for Calling Pope Benedict a 'Nazi'

    By Hollie McKay
    Published October 18, 2011
    FoxNews.com

    EXCERPT:

    Actress Susan Sarandon called Pope Benedict XVI a Nazi during a discussion session at the Hamptons Film Festival over the weekend.

    Sarandon, who won an Academy Award for her role in the 1995 anti-death penalty film "Dead Man Walking,” said she had sent a copy of the book on which the movie is based to the Pope.

    "The last one. Not this Nazi one we have now," she reportedly told Newsday, referring to the German-born pontiff. She later repeated her remark at the Ciroc vodka-sponsored panel.

    A source tells Fox411.com that the crowd "didn't seem bothered" by Sarandon's words, and the discussion ended with the majority of the crowd praising her for everything from her work with UNICEF to her staunch support of Occupy Wall Street.

    However, the Catholic League of America was quick to slam Sarandon for her "obscene" words.

    Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...#ixzz1bA5X3PpO


    ~QC
    "The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is hard business. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." Rudyard Kipling - (1865-1936)

    Context doesn't matter to this liberal it seems/ as long as it satisfies his godless dreams/ like monkeys throwing sh!t as castles in air/ as long as he throws/that is the extent of his care.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    Power CUer noonwitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Warren, MI
    Posts
    12,693
    I think the Catholic League of America/Bill Donohue are just making themselves look as foolish as Sarandon for even responding to a comment made by a celebrity liberal. Why should they even care what she thinks?Bill gets his panties in a twist every time South Park pokes fun at the Catholic Church, the man has no understanding of the words "lighten up".



    Although, if Ratzinger is not culpable for being a member of the Hitler Youth when he was conscripted at age 14, George Soros is not a Nazi collaborator for the things the Nazis forced him to do as a teenager.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Florida. The Cuban Part.
    Posts
    3,007
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Although, if Ratzinger is not culpable for being a member of the Hitler Youth when he was conscripted at age 14, George Soros is not a Nazi collaborator for the things the Nazis forced him to do as a teenager.
    Thing is... Ratzinger was a member in name only. He supposedly never attended a single Hitler Jugend meeting, and deserted as soon as he was conscripted into the army and pretty much apologizes to every Jew he sees. I'm serious. Send a Jew to Pope Benedict. He'll probably apologize and get him a hat or something.

    Soros calls that period of time the happiest years of his life.

    So...yeah. I kinda hold Soros culpable. :p

    ~QC
    "The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is hard business. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." Rudyard Kipling - (1865-1936)

    Context doesn't matter to this liberal it seems/ as long as it satisfies his godless dreams/ like monkeys throwing sh!t as castles in air/ as long as he throws/that is the extent of his care.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    Fabulous Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,161
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Although, if Ratzinger is not culpable for being a member of the Hitler Youth when he was conscripted at age 14, George Soros is not a Nazi collaborator for the things the Nazis forced him to do as a teenager.
    That would depend on whether one sees signs of redemption.

    Mr Ratzinger, as head of the world’s second most evil religion you are not welcome. True, your church recently “pardoned” Galileo (four centuries late), and eventually revoked its historic anti-Semitism. But the equally long-established misogyny remains. On almost all issues concerned with sex, contraception, population and reproduction your stance is illiberal, inhumane and immoral, and your propaganda claim that condoms don’t protect against AIDS is scientifically inaccurate and murderously cynical. In criminally shielding child-raping priests from justice you have placed the welfare of your church ahead of your victims. Go home to your tinpot Mussolini-concocted principality, and don’t come back.
    Richard Dawkins, Newhumanist.org.uk
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Florida. The Cuban Part.
    Posts
    3,007
    Richard Dawkins is atheism's Pat Robertson. And I give him as much credence as such. :p

    ~QC
    "The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is hard business. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." Rudyard Kipling - (1865-1936)

    Context doesn't matter to this liberal it seems/ as long as it satisfies his godless dreams/ like monkeys throwing sh!t as castles in air/ as long as he throws/that is the extent of his care.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    Power CUer noonwitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Warren, MI
    Posts
    12,693
    Quote Originally Posted by CueSi View Post
    Thing is... Ratzinger was a member in name only. He supposedly never attended a single Hitler Jugend meeting, and deserted as soon as he was conscripted into the army and pretty much apologizes to every Jew he sees. I'm serious. Send a Jew to Pope Benedict. He'll probably apologize and get him a hat or something.

    Soros calls that period of time the happiest years of his life.

    So...yeah. I kinda hold Soros culpable. :p

    ~QC
    Except that Soros was a jewish kid, who knew that if he refused to cooperate, he would be killed. Ratzinger's family might not have been given enough ration cards. There's a huge difference in the potential consequences.


    Context is everything. When Soros made those comments about "the happiest time of his life" he was referring to the flexibility and resiliance of the teenaged mind. He was saying that despite the horrible things he had to do to stay alive, he was still a teenaged boy with the energy and desires of a teenaged boy. Putting his remarks in their context is something that would have defeated someone like Beck's agenda.

    I'm not a huge Soros fan or anything, I just thought that attacking him for what he was forced to do by the nazis, as a jewish kid, was way over the top, even for Beck. To expect a kid, either Ratzinger or Soros, to have the fortitude of Bonhoeffer, Miep Gies or the ten Boom family is to expect too much.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    CU Royalty JB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    8,062
    Godwin alert!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    486
    Context is everything. When Soros made those comments about "the happiest time of his life" he was referring to the flexibility and resiliance of the teenaged mind. He was saying that despite the horrible things he had to do to stay alive, he was still a teenaged boy with the energy and desires of a teenaged boy. Putting his remarks in their context is something that would have defeated someone like Beck's agenda.
    I'm not buying that. Calling it "the happiest time of my life" seems sociopathic.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Florida. The Cuban Part.
    Posts
    3,007
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Except that Soros was a jewish kid, who knew that if he refused to cooperate, he would be killed. Ratzinger's family might not have been given enough ration cards. There's a huge difference in the potential consequences.


    Context is everything. When Soros made those comments about "the happiest time of his life" he was referring to the flexibility and resiliance of the teenaged mind. He was saying that despite the horrible things he had to do to stay alive, he was still a teenaged boy with the energy and desires of a teenaged boy. Putting his remarks in their context is something that would have defeated someone like Beck's agenda.

    I'm not a huge Soros fan or anything, I just thought that attacking him for what he was forced to do by the nazis, as a jewish kid, was way over the top, even for Beck. To expect a kid, either Ratzinger or Soros, to have the fortitude of Bonhoeffer, Miep Gies or the ten Boom family is to expect too much.
    I'd want to see that whole sentence, noon. I don't think he's the antichrist or anything, but the sheer lack of shame as a Jew for that period of his life?

    Naw, something's wrong with that ish.

    I'm not looking for Sophie Muller, Bonhoeffer, Gies, Schindler or Ten Boom...but DAMN , just a ... "That period of my life sucked. I had to sell out my own people and I fucking hated it. I felt powerless." would go so far with me.

    But either way, Susan Sarandon is an anti-Catholic bitch. :)

    ~QC
    "The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is hard business. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." Rudyard Kipling - (1865-1936)

    Context doesn't matter to this liberal it seems/ as long as it satisfies his godless dreams/ like monkeys throwing sh!t as castles in air/ as long as he throws/that is the extent of his care.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #10  
    LTC Member Odysseus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    FT Belvoir, VA
    Posts
    15,638
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    That would depend on whether one sees signs of redemption.

    Mr Ratzinger, as head of the world’s second most evil religion you are not welcome. True, your church recently “pardoned” Galileo (four centuries late), and eventually revoked its historic anti-Semitism. But the equally long-established misogyny remains. On almost all issues concerned with sex, contraception, population and reproduction your stance is illiberal, inhumane and immoral, and your propaganda claim that condoms don’t protect against AIDS is scientifically inaccurate and murderously cynical. In criminally shielding child-raping priests from justice you have placed the welfare of your church ahead of your victims. Go home to your tinpot Mussolini-concocted principality, and don’t come back.
    Richard Dawkins, Newhumanist.org.uk
    Dawkins? Really?
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Except that Soros was a jewish kid, who knew that if he refused to cooperate, he would be killed. Ratzinger's family might not have been given enough ration cards. There's a huge difference in the potential consequences.

    Context is everything. When Soros made those comments about "the happiest time of his life" he was referring to the flexibility and resiliance of the teenaged mind. He was saying that despite the horrible things he had to do to stay alive, he was still a teenaged boy with the energy and desires of a teenaged boy. Putting his remarks in their context is something that would have defeated someone like Beck's agenda.

    I'm not a huge Soros fan or anything, I just thought that attacking him for what he was forced to do by the nazis, as a jewish kid, was way over the top, even for Beck. To expect a kid, either Ratzinger or Soros, to have the fortitude of Bonhoeffer, Miep Gies or the ten Boom family is to expect too much.
    He wasn't saying that he regretted what he was forced to do, he said that it was the happiest time of his life. In other words, he enjoyed what he was forced to do. Most people in similar circumstances would have survivor's guilt (or some kind of guilt), but Soros' utter lack of conscience is on display.

    OTOH, Benedict's whole family resisted the Nazis, and was forced to move repeatedly due to that opposition. He was conscripted into the Hitler Youth—as required by law for all 14-year-old boys —but refused to attend meetings, which could have gotten him arrested and sent to a labor battalion, which was the juvenile version of a labor camp. He was no Nazi, and Sarandon's slander must be answered. Donahue is right to respond.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

    Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •