Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    He wasn't saying that he regretted what he was forced to do, he said that it was the happiest time of his life. In other words, he enjoyed what he was forced to do. .
    The first sentence is not proof of the second. I read an article about WWII veterans who had served in combat and the psychologist was talking about the fact that many of these men despite the horrors they had witnessed and the things they had to do, remember their military service as the best years of their lives. She explained that this was usually due to the fact that while later periods in their lives may have been happier by almost any measure, the wartime experience was when they "felt most alive."

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    The first sentence is not proof of the second. I read an article about WWII veterans who had served in combat and the psychologist was talking about the fact that many of these men despite the horrors they had witnessed and the things they had to do, remember their military service as the best years of their lives. She explained that this was usually due to the fact that while later periods in their lives may have been happier by almost any measure, the wartime experience was when they "felt most alive."
    So, preying on his fellow Jews made Soros feel "most alive"? Sounds sociopathic to me.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    So, preying on his fellow Jews made Soros feel "most alive"? Sounds sociopathic to me.
    with the way he's acted since then, would there be a surprise?

Soros, classic example of a self-hating lib
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

There is no way you can spin "the happiest days of my life" in a way that it doesn't sound callous, sociopathic, demented, and obscene. Come on people.

Quote Originally Posted by CueSi View Post
    I'd want to see that whole sentence, noon. I don't think he's the antichrist or anything, but the sheer lack of shame as a Jew for that period of his life?

Naw, something's wrong with that ish.

I'm not looking for Sophie Muller, Bonhoeffer, Gies, Schindler or Ten Boom...but DAMN , just a ... "That period of my life sucked. I had to sell out my own people and I fucking hated it. I felt powerless." would go so far with me.

But either way, Susan Sarandon is an anti-Catholic bitch. :)

~QC
    I've been searching, and I haven't been able to find a quote of Soros even saying that that time was the happiest time of his life. The closest I could find were transcripts of a 60 Minutes interview with Steve Kroft in which Soros is talking about the work he did for his stepfather, a man his father paid to pretend to be George's father in order to save the kid from the Holocaust. He stated that he felt no guilt about the work he did, and that if he didn't do it, someone else would have. He stated that the lesson he learned from the Holocaust is to be prepared for the worst.

Those are some cold statements, but they are not "the happiest time of my life". I'm starting to think that maybe the "happiest time of my life" quote is not an actual quote of Soros', but someone else's commentary on his remarks in the Kroft interview. Somebody who doesn't really care about accuracy, because he's a "commentator" not a "reporter" or "news anchor".

Okay, I found the Soros quote about the happiest time of his life being the time he was a Nazi collaborator.

He made the statement in a definite context-the intro to his father's (Tivadar Soros) book, Masquarade-Dancing Around Death In Nazi-Occupied Hungary. He was referring to working as a courier with his dad for 10 months for the jewish council.

Tivadar Soros stated in his book that "As jews couldn't go to school any more, they were ordered to report to council headquarters. The children were enlisted as couriers under the command of their teachers. My . younger son, George, also became a courier. On the second day, he returned home at seven in the evening.

'What did you do all day?' 'Mostly nothing. But this afternoon I was given some notices to deliver to various addresses.' 'Did you read what the said?'. 'I even brought one home'. He handed me a small slip of paper, with a typewritten message. 'Do you know what this means?', I asked him. 'I can guess', he replied, with great seriousness. 'They'll be interned'".

His father stopped him working as a courier, and made arrangements for him to take on the identity of the godson of a mid-level Hungarian official, and George worked for him, which involved confiscating the property of the jews being sent to the camps.

The quote about the happiest time in his life was:

"It is a sacreligious thing to say, but those ten months were the happiest times of my life....We led an adventurous live and we had fun together".

It is a very insensitive thing to say, but he was referring to the things that he and his father did to survive. He wasn't saying that he enjoyed the suffering of the jews who went to the camps. He was living with a secret identity and he was 13-14 years old at the time-it would seem like a big adventure to a kid. He was a kid following his father's survival plan. There is a context to his quote.

Overall, I really don't care about Soros or Ratzinger's activities during WWII. I'm not a catholic, I could care less about such things because I know that I don't need some guy wearing a dress and a pointy hat to speak for God. I can go directly to the source. If the leaders of the catholic church want to make Pee-Wee Herman their next pope, it's their perogative to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Okay, I found the Soros quote about the happiest time of his life being the time he was a Nazi collaborator.

He made the statement in a definite context-the intro to his father's (Tivadar Soros) book, Masquarade-Dancing Around Death In Nazi-Occupied Hungary. He was referring to working as a courier with his dad for 10 months for the jewish council.

Tivadar Soros stated in his book that "As jews couldn't go to school any more, they were ordered to report to council headquarters. The children were enlisted as couriers under the command of their teachers. My . younger son, George, also became a courier. On the second day, he returned home at seven in the evening.

'What did you do all day?' 'Mostly nothing. But this afternoon I was given some notices to deliver to various addresses.' 'Did you read what the said?'. 'I even brought one home'. He handed me a small slip of paper, with a typewritten message. 'Do you know what this means?', I asked him. 'I can guess', he replied, with great seriousness. 'They'll be interned'".

His father stopped him working as a courier, and made arrangements for him to take on the identity of the godson of a mid-level Hungarian official, and George worked for him, which involved confiscating the property of the jews being sent to the camps.

The quote about the happiest time in his life was:

"It is a sacreligious thing to say, but those ten months were the happiest times of my life....We led an adventurous live and we had fun together".

It is a very insensitive thing to say, but he was referring to the things that he and his father did to survive. He wasn't saying that he enjoyed the suffering of the jews who went to the camps. He was living with a secret identity and he was 13-14 years old at the time-it would seem like a big adventure to a kid. He was a kid following his father's survival plan. There is a context to his quote.

Overall, I really don't care about Soros or Ratzinger's activities during WWII. I'm not a catholic, I could care less about such things because I know that I don't need some guy wearing a dress and a pointy hat to speak for God. I can go directly to the source. If the leaders of the catholic church want to make Pee-Wee Herman their next pope, it's their perogative to do so.
    Yeh, after reading that, I think Nightflight has the right of it.

And as for Susan Sarandon - just die bitch, it's been a long, slow spiral downward for you since Rocky Horror, don't drag it out any further.

Quote Originally Posted by DumbAss Tanker View Post
    Yeh, after reading that, I think Nightflight has the right of it.

And as for Susan Sarandon - just die bitch, it's been a long, slow spiral downward for you since Rocky Horror, don't drag it out any further.
    I rather enjoyed her topless scene in Pretty Baby, which was after Rocky Horror. Sadly, her career isn't the only thing that's sagged since then.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

I rather enjoyed her topless scene in Pretty Baby, which was after Rocky Horror. Sadly, her career isn't the only thing that's sagged since then.
    How can you enjoy her boobs when there is a HUGE chance of seeing that face?

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    How can you enjoy her boobs when there is a HUGE chance of seeing that face?
    thats what the big black dot is for in still shots :D
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry