Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by TruckerMe View Post
    I think Mitt redeemed himself somewhat, but it has not been possible for him to gather up anything more than 23% in recent history.......

Cain has a chance. He's made some minor mistakes, been misquoted by the press and attacked by everyone else, but he still has a chance.

Some of the candidates will be leaving soon; Santorum, Huntsman, and maybe Bachman. And maybe Newt.

Ron Paul will stay till the very end, I'd guess.

Cain says he collected 2 million dollars last quarter, then another 2 million in the past 2 weeks! He'll need it. And if he gets the nomination he'll get plenty.
    I should point out that only Cain, Paul, and Bachmann kept their composure. Newt tried, but he lost it on the Hillary Care thing.
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

I predict that Cain will begin receiving the lion's share of the GOP donations. Why can't the candidates understand that this is their chance to come out firmly on the Conservative side and throw off any nod toward progressivism? We need govt that will reverse this nonsense form "day one."
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    I just couldn't get excited enough to watch the debate last night but that was cause SLW is in the knee rehab place and she was having some pain mgt problems that we needed to deal with and by time the debate was on I just didn't really give a shit. :D

Looks like they have her pain back under control though so that is good!

I hope Cain keeps it up. I think it's too late for Paul, he's too old and I still think he's a nut.:p

Get the field down to 4 tops and do it real soon.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post
    I'm Watching. I do not like Santorium., Romney or Perry. Bachman so far is ok, Ron Paul always makes sense Newt is a liar and I still am backing Cain!
    Discuss!
    I've always liked Newt. I don't know if I trust him too much anymore, but he's always one of the smartest men on the stage. I think Newt understands many of the problems too. I think Paul makes a whole lot of sense is honest, and probably more than anyone else, actually believes what he says. My concern with him is what he would actually do with our defense, but I understand something has to be done with our foreign policy. I like Bachman in many ways too. She completely understands the economic problems we have. My problem with her is when she tries to make a funny soundbite that makes her sound like she a loon. I like Gary Johnson, who's still in the race, but won't even get invited to anymore debates.

Cain is simply OK. There's alot of inconsistancies with him and his tax economic plan is scary as hell the more you look at it.

I would not even consider Romney, Santorum, Perry, Pawlenty. THEY are part of the problem. They don't have a clue what this country needs. Yet that's probably who's getting the nomination.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Power CUer
    I agree with ABC - Romney and Perry looked like they were going to start swinging at each other. Wish they had. :p
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Michelle Bachmann just didn't have it last night. She might have been tired. Paul was his reliable lunatic. What I see wrong with Cain is that his plan is obviously incomprehensible. If it's not easily understood, it's useless even if it would work. On it's face, it looks regressive. Bachmann correctly pointed out that once a federal sales tax is in place it will just be raised and raised like a bottomless piggy bank. Perry was overcompensating and it showed. Using the old saw against Romney about hiring illegals didn't work. It's the same thing that was used against Tom Tancredo when he hired contractors to repair damage to his home and the contracting company had illegal workers. It didn't work then and it won't work now. The most capable is really Gingrich, who has unrelated and unfortunate baggage that prevents republicans from making wise decisions. Again, Romney came out the very best.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    what is with people and thinking the tax code has to be "progressive" Christ people it's what has gotten us into this mess that we're in and gives the left the class card to play. Cain's plan is simple,

Step 1: replace ALL Federal taxes with 9% Income, Corporate and Sales Tax, start process to repeal the 16th Amendment
    Step 2: Get rid of the Income Taxes and implement the Fair Tax

The argument of why not go directly to the Fair Tax is valid, and I would like to see that, but he is trying to wean people off the Income tax. Also the argument of "What's stopping Congress from raising it" is also fair but can also be easily addressed and made so any changes take 3/4th or w/e majority to change. But it's also only a stop gap measure till the Fair Tax is fully in place.

Cain's been the probably the most consistent in these debates outside of Paul, but has the best chance of beating Obama while making the Left look like the hypocritical racist that they are.

(on a Side note, I TOTALLY agree with Rock and Ape about hands, and Bachmann has some very nice ones :D )
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    what is with people and thinking the tax code has to be "progressive" Christ people it's what has gotten us into this mess that we're in and gives the left the class card to play. Cain's plan is simple,

Step 1: replace ALL Federal taxes with 9% Income, Corporate and Sales Tax, start process to repeal the 16th Amendment
    Step 2: Get rid of the Income Taxes and implement the Fair Tax

The argument of why not go directly to the Fair Tax is valid, and I would like to see that, but he is trying to wean people off the Income tax. Also the argument of "What's stopping Congress from raising it" is also fair but can also be easily addressed and made so any changes take 3/4th or w/e majority to change. But it's also only a stop gap measure till the Fair Tax is fully in place.

Cain's been the probably the most consistent in these debates outside of Paul, but has the best chance of beating Obama while making the Left look like the hypocritical racist that they are.

(on a Side note, I TOTALLY agree with Rock and Ape about hands, and Bachmann has some very nice ones :D )
    Like the Fair tax.....you're going to have to have the 16th AM repealed BEFORE some of us would ever even consider throwing support to an across the board tax.

But what I don't understand is why conservatives don't call for ending the income tax and not replacing it at all. Statistics have shown that if you repealed income tax that spending would be what it was circa 2002.
    This seems like the most conservative postiion and I would suggest it would be wildly popular too. You would absolutely have to cut the bureaucracy.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    Like the Fair tax.....you're going to have to have the 16th AM repealed BEFORE some of us would ever even consider throwing support to an across the board tax.

But what I don't understand is why conservatives don't call for ending the income tax and not replacing it at all. Statistics have shown that if you repealed income tax that spending would be what it was circa 2002.
    This seems like the most conservative postiion and I would suggest it would be wildly popular too. You would absolutely have to cut the bureaucracy.
    agree, but we've become so use to both giving money to the government and the government spending it, that it's hard for people to get their heads around.
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry