Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 OccupyBaltimore Discourages Sexual Assault Victims From Contacting Police 
    Funny, but I don't remember hearing about a wave of sexual assaults at Tea Party events, and if they had happened, I'm pretty sure that MSNBC would have been all over it.

#OccupyBaltimore Discourages Sexual Assault Victims From Contacting Police, Offers Counseling for Perpetrators
    by Derek Hunter

I was in downtown Baltimore Monday morning taking care of some business, so I thought I’d stroll a block over and check out the “Occupy Baltimore” crowd. Well, the word “crowd” might be an overstatement. There were about as many people as there would be homeless people on a normal day, only with tents and literature rather than Starbucks cups for holding spare change. And it’s the literature I found most interesting.

Among the literature I picked up off of their table was one titled “Security Statement.” What it said, and what it implied, was rather disturbing:
    As the Security Committee of Occupy Baltimore, we release this statement to ensure the safety of our newly forming, delicate yet strong community.
    Sexual abuse and assault are dehumanizing acts for the survivor as well as the abuser. It strips people of their right to safety, dignity, and respect, basic values which embody many of the intentions behind Occupy Baltimore. As a vibrant community, we recognize and give power to these values and the rights of survivors.
    OK, saying you’re against “sexual abuse and assault” isn’t controversial, but do you really have to say it? Why isn’t it understood? As it turns out, that’s just the beginning of the weird. The entire “Security Statement” is about sexual assault and abuse.
    Sexual abuse or assault at Occupy Baltimore is in violation of our values, and will not be tolerated. It is an explicit policy of Occupy Baltimore to prohibit abuse by any members of the community upon another person. Violation of this policy will result in the abuser no longer being welcome at the occupation.
    So sexual abuse or assault are against “explicit policy” and will get you shunned? What about arrested? Those things are crimes, after all. Shouldn’t Occupy Baltimore, like every other group or individual, encourage people to contact the police to get these predators off the street? You’d think so, but you’d think wrong:
    Though we do not encourage the involvement of the police in our community, the survivor has every right, and the support of Occupy Baltimore, to report the abuse to the appropriate law enforcement.
    So if someone were sexually assaulted, a horrible experience, they wouldn’t be discouraged to contact the police, the “occupy community” would rather handle it internally. That’s just perverse.
    The “Reporting Procedure”:
    Any member of the Occupy Baltimore community who believes he/she/they have been a victim of, are aware of, or suspect a commission of sexual abuse, are encouraged to immediately report the incident to the Security Committee. T (sic)
    The point person for dealing with these situations will be Koala! (sic) Largess, (443) 642-XXXX.
    Survivors of Sexual Abuse will be given the support, resources, and assistance needed for their emotional and physical health.
    So if you’ve been raped or sexually assaulted, don’t call the police; call someone named “Koala.” You can’t make this up, mostly because women’s groups would be protesting you if you did.
    And that’s just side one:
    The Occupy Baltimore prohibits retaliation against any member, survivor, or outside person who reports in good faith a complaint of an abuser or who participates in any related inquiries. False accusations of sexual abuse in bad faith can have serious consequences for those who are wrongly accused. Occupy Baltimore prohibits making false and/or malicious sexual abuse allegations, as well as providing false information during an inquiry. Anyone who violates any part of this policy will not be welcome at Occupy Baltimore.
    They’re setting up their own court system here, where the ultimate punishment, no matter the severity of the offense, is banishment from a tent city. This is sexual assault we’re talking about here, not taking someone’s cupcake out of their lunch in the fridge.
    The last part is “Investigation and Follow-Up”:
    Occupy Baltimore’s Security Committee will make every reasonable effort to keep the matters involved in the allegation as confidential as possible while still allowing for a prompt and thorough inquiry. All allegations of abuse will be treated seriously and thoroughly investigated.
    If the survivor wishes to involve law enforcement, in order to obtain physical evidence of the assault, you must report the incident within 72 hours or the assault as collection and preservation of evidence is critical. Occupy Baltimore will also work to supply the abuser with counseling resources to deal with their issues.
    The Occupy Baltimore Community has a Zero-Tolerance policy for any sexual, physical, or mental abuse of or by a community member.
    So allegations of sexual assault will be kept from authorities. They “do not encourage the involvement of the police,” but if you’re gonna do it, do it within 3 days. I don’t know about you, but I’ve seen enough episodes of “Dateline” to know you report these things immediately, not after seeking guidance from the Hippie Council. And, in typical liberal fashion, they offer counseling not only to the victim but the perp as well.
    Maybe everyone can join together for a nice drum circle at the end of the day and let bygones be bygones.
    It’s rather disturbing that this group of semi-organized (at best) amateurs would set up a parallel, internal system of justice that discourages involving law enforcement like they were their own country. What’s more disturbing is that assault victims might abide by these suggestions, and perpetrators of such a crime could get away with only a shunning by this small group and some counseling.
    So, where's the MSM? Are the rights of women (or is it "womyn" when you are dealing with, what, gynecological-Americans?) being violated? For that matter, are the womyn being violated? Shouldn't some feminist group be counter-protesting and demanding an accounting? Beuller? Beuller?
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Is this really true? Has any mainstream source reported on it?

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    Yes, and very few. Here's the link to Breitbart's columnist, who broke the story:

http://biggovernment.com/dhunter/201...s/#more-353488

Yahoo News had a video, but that's pretty much it for mainstream sources. Here is a link to the original flyer: http://biggovernment.com/files/2011/...ore-front2.jpg
    --Odysseus

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    The MSM is too busy portraying this Soros funded insurrection as a grassroots movement that is "resonating" with average Americans.

Reverend Resist We Much is down there showing he's down for the struggle and Donnie Deutch is too busy encouraging them to have another Kent State moment to report on such trivial things as this.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

In the world of the deluded liberals rapists are just misunderstood and in need of therapy. The victims are not understanding the motivations of someone else or how they might be suffering themselves. Give the victim sympathy and it will all be better.

Quote Originally Posted by Tipsycatlover View Post
    In the world of the deluded liberals rapists are just misunderstood and in need of therapy. The victims are not understanding the motivations of someone else or how they might be suffering themselves. Give the victim sympathy and it will all be better.
    It depends on the rapist. If the rapist is a member of the Duke LaCross team, then he's a monster (even if the charges turn out to be false), but if the rapist is a member of a "special" victim group, then they get a pass because the movement is more important than any one victim. This is why the media has suppressed the stories of sexual assaults, kidnappings and rapes of female peace activists who go to Gaza and the West Bank.
    --Odysseus

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    what a bunch of pussies, grow some balls OWS and drag the prep kicking and screaming to the cops and make sure the victim gets to a hospital so they can do a rape kit and make sure the cops are notified.
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    what a bunch of pussies, grow some balls OWS and drag the prep kicking and screaming to the cops and make sure the victim gets to a hospital so they can do a rape kit and make sure the cops are notified.
    It would make the movement look bad.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tipsycatlover View Post
    It would make the movement look bad.
    it would give them some credibility....but noooo....they can't do anything with the "man"
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

Extremists on the left truly believe that if violent criminals are exiled from society and allowed to live in the wild, that is enough to stop them from hurting more people.

There is a novel by Starhawk called The Fifth Sacred Thing. It describes a future in which all of the USA is under control of christian dominionists, except San Francisco. The SF of the novel is a hippie paradise, and a conservative hell. Reading this book is required in some wiccan circles.