Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26
  1. #11  
    Senior Member txradioguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Bavaria
    Posts
    7,936
    Quote Originally Posted by Tecate View Post
    No, it's unsubstantiated babble repeated by fake conservatives who can't wait to get conned by the the next puppet like Romney/Cain/Perry. I promise that you won't be able to tell any of them apart from Obama if they win in 2012. All you will get is more of the same. Feel free to fall for it if you like, but I choose not to.
    Yes because you'd rather sit on your ass pouting like a 5 year old at home because your single issue nutcase will once again fail to get 1% of the popular vote.

    But hey you 100%'ers can feel good about yourself...justified about your help towards another Obama term because YOU held to your bullshit you call "principals" and didn't vote.

    Obama loves idiots like you more than he does ACORN and the Union Goons.


    Since I wasn't here during the last election cycle that sort of makes you a liar and completely full of shit. :D
    Not really. 100%'era are all the same. You're no different than the other John Birch Society luddites that who their ignorance this time of year.

    I wasn't here last year either...I was at CC. But you're no different than the Rounlan Drones that show up at any Conservative website claiming how you're the only "true conservative" and the rest of us no matter who we support or what we espouse on here about our own Conservatism are just "Democrat Lite".

    When every other word is Ronulan and Paulbot, it exposes that you have nothing of substance to bring to the table. Like I said... Tired old shit.
    And yet you bring exactly NOTHING to the table as far as logical reasoning as to why we should follow your CUlt Leader.

    We call him this things and call drones like you "cultists" because of the rapid and continual knee jerk all of you display towards anyone that dares to speak ill of your Dear Leader.

    Tell me which fake sell-out conservative that will sell sell us all down the river while sucking JP Morgan Chase and Goldman Sachs cock are you supporting this time around?
    And you wonder why no one takes you seriously.:roll eyes:


    For the record...Herman Cain.

    Now go back into your cabin and continue your manifesto.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

    Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

    To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

    The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.
     

  2. #12  
    Senior Member txradioguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Bavaria
    Posts
    7,936
    Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    Interesting that you include Cain in your lineup. Do you have something of substance regarding Cain? I'm serious as he is who I am supporting at the moment.
    100%'ers...single issue drones and cultists like Tecate believe that unless you vote for Ron Paul you're not a real Conservative.

    Only "real" Conservatives continue to vote and support with cult like affection someone who can't garner even 1% of the vote.

    It's political Maschism.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

    Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

    To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

    The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.
     

  3. #13  
    Senior Member Zathras's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    San Jose, California
    Posts
    6,331
    Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    Interesting that you include Cain in your lineup. Do you have something of substance regarding Cain? I'm serious as he is who I am supporting at the moment.
    The only reason he included him is he's not Ron Paul and therefore not a true conservative....typical Paulistinian logic (or lack there of).
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf
     

  4. #14  
    Our widdle friend. Wei Wu Wei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6,414
    txradioguy your focus on political pragmatism makes you sound like a diehard Romney supporter :D
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Smith - Wealth of Nations
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
     

  5. #15  
    Our widdle friend. Wei Wu Wei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6,414
    Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    Interesting that you include Cain in your lineup. Do you have something of substance regarding Cain? I'm serious as he is who I am supporting at the moment.
    Cain cannot beat Obama.

    1. His 999 plan is incredibly regressive. Lower income Americans pay a significantly higher percentage of their income on sales taxes than do rich Americans, because they spend a FAR higher percentage of their income on consumer goods. Wealthy Americans don't spend most of their money on goods or services, they either save it or invest it, and the 999 plan reduces taxes on those activities. 999 raises taxes on economic activities that lower-income people participate in more, and lowers taxes on economic activities that wealth people participate in more.

    2. A 9% national sales tax on top of state taxes will be incredibly unpopular. Here in Texas we pay a sales tax of more than 8% already, adding a national sales tax would increase taxes on goods to a whopping 17%. That's going to hurt demand. The conservative argument against raising taxes on the wealthy is "if you tax something more, people are going to do it less", which is why conservatives want low taxes on capital gains. If this is true, then adding a sales tax will result in lower demand, because people won't spend their money on consumer goods as much.

    3. He's already shot himself in the foot with his candid comments, especially those concerning Muslims, abortion, and poor people. That may play well to the conservative base but it will make independents run to the hills.


    I honestly think he's not even seriously running for president, but that this whole thing is just to make money, gain publicity, and sell books. He's looking to make himself into a personality product, like Sarah Palin, who raises money, gets a high paying job at Fox News, and sells a few million books. However, I hope he is seriously running for president because that would make this election cycle even more hilarious than the last one, which I didn't think was possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Smith - Wealth of Nations
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
     

  6. #16  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    42,284
    Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    Cain cannot beat Obama.

    1. His 999 plan is incredibly regressive.
    Your communism and socialism is incredibly regressive.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg
     

  7. #17  
    Senior Member txradioguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Bavaria
    Posts
    7,936
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Your communism and socialism is incredibly regressive.
    Of course a Statist like Wee Wee thinks a flat 9% tax is regressive.

    The Statist/Communist/Socialist needs a progressive tax in order to manipulate people via class warfare in order to further their destruction of the Capitalist society.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

    Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

    To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

    The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.
     

  8. #18  
    Senior Member Molon Labe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Jihad Me At Hello
    Posts
    4,769
    Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    Of course a Statist like Wee Wee thinks a flat 9% tax is regressive.
    It is if it impacts people on fixed incomes, and poorer people who will still pay it. Cain hasn't expained how it won't and the other candidates have shown how there are plenty of questions and reason why it may.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown


    The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor
     

  9. #19  
    Our widdle friend. Wei Wu Wei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6,414
    Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    Of course a Statist like Wee Wee thinks a flat 9% tax is regressive.

    The Statist/Communist/Socialist needs a progressive tax in order to manipulate people via class warfare in order to further their destruction of the Capitalist society.
    It's easy to make snarky comments but the fact remains that such a plan will be incredibly unpopular with the American people, anyone who isn't the far right fringe.

    Poll after poll demonstrate that by a large majority the people support raising taxes on the wealthy and oppose raising taxes on the working class or making large cuts to benefits.

    commie socialist whatever you want to say, but the public will not support raising taxes on poor people, cutting social benefits to the needy, while cutting taxes on the wealthy. You may like this idea but that is totally out of sync with the rest of the public.

    You may say that the rest of the public is stupid or brainwashed, or that you would rather stick to your principles on this, but that's precisely what you are criticizing ron paul supporters for.

    You are criticizing ron paul supporters for not being pragmatic enough, but Herman Cain is not pragmatic at all for the Republican party. If Cain is the candidate this election is going to be a laughing stock and Obama will easily win re-election.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Smith - Wealth of Nations
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
     

  10. #20  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Woodland Park, Colorado, United States
    Posts
    8,563
    Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    Cain cannot beat Obama.

    1. His 999 plan is incredibly regressive. Lower income Americans pay a significantly higher percentage of their income on sales taxes than do rich Americans, because they spend a FAR higher percentage of their income on consumer goods. Wealthy Americans don't spend most of their money on goods or services, they either save it or invest it, and the 999 plan reduces taxes on those activities. 999 raises taxes on economic activities that lower-income people participate in more, and lowers taxes on economic activities that wealth people participate in more.
    I disagree. I believe Howdy-Doody could beat O Blah Blah. Rich people eat too. That means they too pay the proposed sales tax. That sales tax is a replacement for all the redundant tiers of taxes at every level of production.
    2. A 9% national sales tax on top of state taxes will be incredibly unpopular. Here in Texas we pay a sales tax of more than 8% already, adding a national sales tax would increase taxes on goods to a whopping 17%. That's going to hurt demand. The conservative argument against raising taxes on the wealthy is "if you tax something more, people are going to do it less", which is why conservatives want low taxes on capital gains. If this is true, then adding a sales tax will result in lower demand, because people won't spend their money on consumer goods as much.
    If the OVERALL tax on a family is lowered to a maximum of 27%, even in States like Texas and Tennessee, the OVERALL tax liability would go down.
    3. He's already shot himself in the foot with his candid comments, especially those concerning Muslims, abortion, and poor people. That may play well to the conservative base but it will make independents run to the hills.
    I believe his candid comments serve him well. When compared to the lying POC that masquerades as president, who carefully crafts his lies and feeds them to his teleprompter for consumption by his adoring fools, Cain is a breath of fresh air. I believe the have-no-principles crowd (aka, independents), have seen enough of the Scumbag-In-Chief to vote for roadkill over him.

    I honestly think he's not even seriously running for president, but that this whole thing is just to make money, gain publicity, and sell books. He's looking to make himself into a personality product, like Sarah Palin, who raises money, gets a high paying job at Fox News, and sells a few million books. However, I hope he is seriously running for president because that would make this election cycle even more hilarious than the last one, which I didn't think was possible.
    That's quite a stretch. Any proof other than a weak opinion? He seems principled enough to me. Do you believe he would put himself through this when he is a wealthy man to begin with? Money does not seem to be a strong enough argument and he has never had a problem with publicity or popularity.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •