Thread: Couple Dies Holding Hands

1. #1 Couple Dies Holding Hands 
    http://www.kcci.com/r/29528191/detail.html

Couple Married 72 Years Dies Holding Hands

DES MOINES, Iowa -- An Iowa couple who was married for 72 years died one hour apart last week in the hospital as they held hands.

Family said the story of Gordon, 94, and Norma Yeager, 90, is a real-life love story.

On the day she graduated from high school, Norma Stock said yes to Gordon Yeager's marriage proposal. The couple got married on May 26, 1939 in State Center.

"They're very old-fashioned. They believed in marriage til death do you part," said son Dennis Yeager.

Dennis Yeager was the youngest of four children born to the couple. His sister Donna was first born.

"Staying together for 72 years is good, I'd say that's exceptional," said daughter Donna Sheets.

The way the kids tell it, dad was the life of the party while mom kept everything together.
    Read more: http://www.kcci.com/news/29528191/de...#ixzz1bFm5FoVX

This story is so sweet it made me tearful.

Now........I must go pound my fist in some razor blades to get my manliness back :mad: :D
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

72 years. Wow. Some people don't even live to 72 and these people were married for 72 years. God bless both of them.

Banned
    My parents were married for 67 years. They loved each other very much. I am very fortunate to have had such wonderful parents.

My grandparents were married for 75 years, until my grandma died in 2008. Grandpa hasn't dated anyone since, although there really aren't too many 98 year old women out there who aren't in a nursing home. We keep encouraging him to look for a younger woman, like someone in her 80s.

My parents, on the other hand, split right before their 25th anniversary.