Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    It isn't illegal in practice. It means that an additional form has to be filled out.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Tipsycatlover View Post
    It isn't illegal in practice. It means that an additional form has to be filled out.
    If the dealer doesn't report the transaction as cash, then what is the penalty?

This is not a game. This is bullshit in the name of safety or law enforcement. It is hand in hand with "safety checkpoints".

Oh, now Saint Petersburg, under command of an moron, is calling red light cameras "safety cameras". Not surprising when you consider that the mayor of St Pete thinks the earth is 5772 years old. Which is not to say that the list of those who would trample your civil rights is limited to fundies, clearly it's not.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Not surprising when you consider that the mayor of St Pete thinks the earth is 5772 years old.
    Give me an exact age, not a theory.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Tipsycatlover View Post
    And who does the dealership send that form to? Some federal agency, probably the IRS, who then decides whether it is a law enforcement issue, once they have pulled the buyer's banking records and matching them up against the W2 forms.

This is not a game. This is bullshit in the name of safety or law enforcement. It is hand in hand with "safety checkpoints".

Oh, now Saint Petersburg, under command of an moron, is calling red light cameras "safety cameras". Not surprising when you consider that the mayor of St Pete thinks the earth is 5772 years old. Which is not to say that the list of those who would trample your civil rights is limited to fundies, clearly it's not.
    The penalty is the same as it is for failure to fill out any form required by the government.

This has nothing to do with private party transactions. This is an attempt to control the sale of stolen goods. Since theft is OUTRAGEOUS, I believe an entire bridge was recently stolen to sell for scrap, something has to be done. IF we had a population composed mostly of honest people, like second hand dealers that consulted the stolen property lists or wondered just where that scrap dealer got those tons of metal we wouldn't have laws like this. Since this society is becoming more degenerate, you can expect more laws like this and worse.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    And who does the dealership send that form to? Some federal agency, probably the IRS, who then decides whether it is a law enforcement issue, once they have pulled the buyer's banking records and matching them up against the W2 forms.
    Exactly! It goes to the IRS who will want an explanation of where the cash came from. These are only for CASH transactions. Write a check, get a cashier's check from the bank. Get a credit card with a really big balance.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar

what's your point? Rham wants to put more of those dumbass things in Chicago too, the two don't equate

They should not be able to block cash from being used in ANY transaction. It's crap.
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

As I understand the law, the $10,000 limit applies to bank transactions, e.g., deposits and withdrawls. I paid $14,000 cash for a car once.........

http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

I'm pretty sure that it applies to cash transactions. You, as a buyer, didn't fill out the form at all. The car dealer did.

Here are all the particulars.

http://www.irs.gov/businesses/small/...148821,00.html

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    what's your point? Rham wants to put more of those dumbass things in Chicago too, the two don't equate

They should not be able to block cash from being used in ANY transaction. It's crap.
    How about simply banning pawn shops? Or requiring them to hold merchandise so long that it frustrated them out of business?

One thing I think we can agree upon, is that there is a relationship between the number of pawn shops in an area, the number of people who appear to be selling and using hard drugs in that area, and the number of burglaries in that area. These meth heads aren't selling your CD collection at yard sales.