Thread: VoteVets.org?

1. #1 VoteVets.org? 
    From email today, and wondering if this is a good org to help? Here's their action request:

http://ga3.org/campaign/track/

Co-Sign Our Letter on Leaks About Track Palin

No matter how you feel about the election, we can all agree that the safety of all of our troops is one of the most important things we must protect. In the past few days, important classified details about the deployment of Track Palin, son of Vice Presidential candidate Sarah Palin, have found their way into the media. The Pentagon must investigate the leaks, and find the source. The Defense Department must prosecute, too, if necessary. Co-sign this letter that we sent to the Department of Defense. Together, we can ensure that our troops and security are protected.

Subject:

Investigate the Leaks

Dear Gentlemen,

As a patriotic American, I am alarmed with recent leaks that have led to a multitude of stories in the media divulging details regarding the deployment and future movements of Track Palin, the son of Republican Vice Presidential candidate, Governor Sarah Palin.

As you know, leaking such details is a clear violation of Operational Security (OPSEC), as as defined in DOD Directive (DODD) 5205.02, and Army Regulation 530-1.

After speaking with a number of Public Affairs Officers, VoteVets.org has reported that they are confident that the Department of Defense has not leaked these details. However, as it is simply impossible for any reporter to figure out these details on their own if all they know is the name of a soldier and where he is based, someone has compromised security, not only for the son of a potential Vice President of the United States, but all those who serve with him.

It is simply unacceptable for any member of the military, or civilian, to discuss these kinds of classified details -- especially with members of the media. I urge you to conduct an immediate investigation to find the source of these leaks, and prosecute, if necessary.

I am certain you are as disturbed with these developments as I am, and hope you find any compromising of security and safety of our troops to be of paramount concern.

Respectfully,
    [Your name]
    [Your address]

Quote Originally Posted by d_va View Post
    From email today, and wondering if this is a good org to help? Here's their action request:
    http://ga3.org/campaign/track/
    NO!!!!

They are a bunch of leftist shills for the DNC. Go to their site and check out their news releases. Their chairman was on with Keith Olbermann, where he claimed that John McCain favored a return of the draft.

They use the cover of their military service to hide their agenda, which is defeat in Iraq and victory for Obama and the Dems. Don't fall for it.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Thanks, now I remember them, the "support the troops not the war" gang. They were pushing Iraq vets for Congress in 2006.

Democrats, of course.