Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

1. #1 911---Forgotten? 
    I'm watching Fox News and need to leave for the office. There was a reminder to display flags as a tribute to those lost that terrible day.

How time does erase memories. The rotten STL Post-Dispatch, disgusting liberal rag, had as their "tribute" a front page (actually a never ending editorial page campaigning for the Awesome one), article saying that only 3% of Americans care about terrorism at all in this election.

I've scanned the network morning shows. I saw nothing. Fox has covered the ceremonies at Shanksville, the Pentagon and the new memorial, and Ground Zero. It has been very moving.

Sadly, I don't think many respond to the bells anymore, the reading of the names of the victims, the awe of Todd Beamer leading the brave passengers to take down the plane in Shanksville instead of letting it hit the White House and Capitol.

I've been upset at time with Bush, but will always admire his goal of protecting the people of our beautiful country.

All I can say is thank you to our military for fighting terrorism, thank you to the folks on the plane down in Shanksville, blessings to all who were lost on that terrible day and may our country never forget that terrible day. We need to move onward, but remember that we must learn the lessons of history, even recent history.

Please have moments of silence and honor those who were lost that day. May God bless our country and let us remember the sacrifices of others who are protecting us.

I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

I haven't forgotten. :(

I hadn't been paying attention to the date (as usual) and didn't realize it was today until a quick blurb in the early show about the memorials today. The same thought crossed my mind, it's going to get forgotten and ignored and turned into one of those days that something happened on a while back. This is short attention span America, after all.

I've been less connected as of late, but hadn't heard any build up to today anywhere. It's almost as tragic as the event itself.
    Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Differences between Obama and God: God's plan to save us is actually written down for people to read. Rush Limbaugh.

My blog: How Things Look From Here Politics, religion, random stuff, now on Wednesdays!

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    I will never forget. My job now is to make certain that my son understands what we're up against.
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Me neither.

I took this pic not long after.

I haven't forgotten, nor forgiven. I'm not planning on doing either, ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Seven years and I'm still in the anger stage.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Seven years and I'm still in the anger stage.
    I'll be there until we actually grow the balls to fight terror with terror. If we dropped enough big bombs on these sites, this shit would come to an end. It would basically kill their religion.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holiest_sites_in_Islam
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    I'll be there until we actually grow the balls to fight terror with terror. If we dropped enough big bombs on these sites, this shit would come to an end. It would basically kill their religion.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holiest_sites_in_Islam
    would that work though? i mean, religion is a framework of thought, a belief system that can exist with or without "holy sites". bombing these sites would not "kill" their religion. it is quite possible that it would just make the people who choose that faith more convicted in their ideas.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    It wouldn't do anything of the kind, and it's a horrible suggestion. :(