Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    I've only seen one brief shot this morning of the incident as it was recorded from that fateful day. It was of the burning towers, with trapped people waving their arms, hanging out of open windows, shaking scarves or articles of clothing, trying to draw attention from some hopeful rescuer.

Than I thought, we know the fate of everyone of them. No rescuer made it that day. We didn't know that when we saw the horror unfold before our eyes. When it was happening, we could only hope along with them that somehow they'd make it down, or that brave firemen would make their way up to them. Each one of those people who made their way to a window, smashing it if they had to, came to it because it was their last hope, the last clear opening.

And as they stood there looking out, waiting, it was as if they were looking out at us, and we were all watching them. And as we watched, and they waited, was there some level where we all new what the truth was? That they were waiting to die, and we helplessly could do nothing but witness their fate?

I was getting ready for work that day and turned the TV on to get the local traffic and weather for the day. Instead I saw video of the first tower on fire. Naturally I watched while getting dressed for work when the second plane hit the other tower. The first thing that came to mind was "We're under attack" and "who are the bastards doing this?".

And to Blinky, do everyone a favor and eat a bullet.

Fox News gave excellent coverage this morning. I truly feel that it's almost a pact that the mainstream news networks have made that there was virtually no coverage of the solemn events.

It was very touching to see some of the young children, babies at the time, now speaking about their relatives. The dedication of the new memorial at the Pentagon was very touching.

I've been at meetings all day at work, then went to the dentist. I have nothing but disgust for Eyelids, who ruined a thread about honoring and remembering those killed on 9-11.

We must learn the lessons of history or those events will inevitably be repeated.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    I was in work when the 1st plane hit and heard about it on the news, they only mentioned a light plane hitting one of the Towers. I had to go back to the house and have my car towed to a repair place for some trouble and was home watching when both towers went down. I couldn't believe what I had just seen.

Blinky, take my advise and the advise some others here have given you. Don't go pissing in this thread again.
    May the FORCE be with you!

On my way to my job today, I drove past a police station, and it was lined with fire trucks, and what looked to be several hundred people in uniform were standing around a flag. It mustve been an organized memorial. I realized that it was about the time of the attacks.

I will never forget the day... listening in horror, barely getting any work done.. just wanting to be at home with my children. I stayed up all night, watching the news and crying. It was unbelievable. I will never forget the images. The people running, covered in ash.. the people jumping. I never could watch that a second time.

Today is a somber day.

While I agree we should "never forget", I also think there needs to come a time when we don't devote the entire day and all of the news to 9.11 activities. 7 years is probably about the time to mention it, and move on.
    **** Obama and **** you too.