Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyelids View Post
    Why not? .
    If you want to pursue this point please start another thread. Stay on topic or be deleted.
    Last edited by bijou; 09-11-2008 at 04:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bijou View Post
    If you want to pursue this point please start another thread. Stay on topic or be deleted.
    Whip his ass beej.

My only hope is that when he starts that thread, no one replies. :D

Call me capricious I changed my mind and deleted anyway. If you want to edit your own posts please go ahead or PM me and I'll do it.
    Last edited by bijou; 09-11-2008 at 04:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bijou View Post
    Call me capricious I changed my mind and deleted anyway. If you want to edit Eyelids out of your own posts please go ahead or PM me and I'll do it.
    OK, Caprice :p

Seriously, good call.

Some issues are too important to be shat upon by the likes of Eyelids.

To the dome it goes, the Honorable Shannon prosecuting.

Just for the record, and I'll let it die. Spending on welfare since inception....
    9 Trillion or about $225,000 per person currently living in American poverty.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

It's hard to believe it's already seven years. It seems still so fresh. Seven years after Pearl Harbor, and the war was already won and over. No closure as of yet, and perhaps none forthcoming.

Sonnabend
    I remember my wife calling to me..she said that some plane had hit one of the WTC towers. I remember thinking that some muppet had been in a small plane and gone whack into the building...remember that small plane incident a few weeks earlier?

Then I saw the second one.

I went to work and we watched the incident unfold.....damn jerk kept us at work all damned day.:mad:

Saw the towers fall......and all I remember is what came out of my mouth that day "this is war".

Never forget. Never forgive.

I was in the office when it happened and one of my colleagues came in saying he'd seen the pictures on a TV while passing a local electrical store. We didn't have a radio or tv in the office so I followed it on the internet until I got home. I was stunned by it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    I remember my wife calling to me..she said that some plane had hit one of the WTC towers. I remember thinking that some muppet had been in a small plane and gone whack into the building...remember that small plane incident a few weeks earlier?
    That was exactly what I thought.

I was on my way to lab (must have been a Tuesday), and I went to Subway beforehand. The people behind the counter said something like there was a plane crash in New York and something about it had hit a building downtown. I remember thinking "How the hell did that happen? - I don't think they give pilot's licenses to people that can't dodge skyscrapers, and I'm pretty sure you're not allowed to fly that low."

What I was doing that day isn't important though. I, for one, try to remember what the FDNY was doing that day. Our nation's firefighters are some of the bravest people on the planet, and God bless them for what they did on that day and every other.
    Last edited by Troll; 09-11-2008 at 05:21 PM.
    Nothing helps a bad mood like spreading it around.

I was driving into work and listening to the radio. When they talked about a second plane hitting, I knew it wasn't an accident. I sent my secretary home to get a TV (she lives nearby) because I knew that nobody was going to get any work done anyway. :(