Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 60
  1. #41  
    Resident Grandpa marv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Shell Knob, MO
    Posts
    3,035
    Another "WOW! Just WOW" game.........

    No matter who wins tonight, remember that the Cards have gone from the NL Wild Card to the WS game SEVEN!!!!!

    http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

    Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

    THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #42  
    Power CUer NJCardFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    16,157
    Quote Originally Posted by marv View Post
    Another "WOW! Just WOW" game.........

    No matter who wins tonight, remember that the Cards have gone from the NL Wild Card to the WS game SEVEN!!!!!
    Not to be a wet blanket but this is not unique. If the Cards do win game 7, they will equal the Marlins and Angels as WC teams to go to game 7 of the WS. Both won BTW. In fact both the Angels and Giants were WC teams.

    That said, it's refreshing to watch a team with grit and heart. Both teams. Shame the lame stream media didn't get behind this World Series.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #43  
    Senior Member Molon Labe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Jihad Me At Hello
    Posts
    4,769
    I think the Cards got this one. Hope I don't jinx it.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown


    The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #44  
    Power CUer NJCardFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    16,157
    Congrats to the Cards. They earned it.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #45  
    Senior Member jendf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1,693
    Great series! Time to celebrate Cards fans. :)

    What a fun month of baseball that was!
    2011 CU Fantasy Baseball Champion
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #46  
    Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Southwest Michigan (in Exile)
    Posts
    8,757
    Gratz to the Cards!
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #47  
    Administrator SaintLouieWoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Sarasota Florida
    Posts
    40,617
    Quote Originally Posted by jendf View Post
    Great series! Time to celebrate Cards fans. :)

    What a fun month of baseball that was!
    It was a wonderful series. It kept me going rooting for the Cards through my hospital visit, rehab stint and time at home recuperating.

    I said from the beginning that this year's Cards team had heart. I really admire them and loved the post game show, with the cute little kids on their daddies' shoulders. It made it so super special for a St Louis native, Freese, to get Mvp.

    The Rangers were a class act. I greatly admire their manager. He seems sort of like the Herman Cainn of baseball (and I back Cainn). The Rangers were a good team, if we had to lose, would have chosen it to be their team.

    But tonight is the night to thrill the hearts of everyone in Cardinal Nation, whether in St Louis or living elsewhere.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

    " To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

    "
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

    GO CARDS

    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #48  
    Senior Member Zathras's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    San Jose, California
    Posts
    6,337
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    It was a wonderful series. It kept me going rooting for the Cards through my hospital visit, rehab stint and time at home recuperating.

    I said from the beginning that this year's Cards team had heart. I really admire them and loved the post game show, with the cute little kids on their daddies' shoulders. It made it so super special for a St Louis native, Freese, to get Mvp.

    The Rangers were a class act. I greatly admire their manager. He seems sort of like the Herman Cainn of baseball (and I back Cainn). The Rangers were a good team, if we had to lose, would have chosen it to be their team.

    But tonight is the night to thrill the hearts of everyone in Cardinal Nation, whether in St Louis or living elsewhere.
    Congrat to the Cards. As a Giants fan I know just how you're feeling since we did it last year. :D

    And Congrats to the Rangers as well for making it to the big dance 2 years in a row, though watching the series I was wondering if they were going to watch another team celebrate in their park.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #49  
    Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Posts
    13,581
    Congrats to the Cards!!!!!!

    Since my Braves couldn't be here....:(

    But anyway, Great Series! :D
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #50  
    Senior Member Arroyo_Doble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Ft Worth
    Posts
    3,788
    As the only Rangers fan here (and I have been since the 70's. .... just happy to be in the playoffs), congratulations Cards. Great series and a magical year for your team.
    Last edited by Arroyo_Doble; 10-29-2011 at 03:46 PM.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •