Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I like what he said, and I believe I understood it.

He is pro life. You must make your own decision.

I think he's pro-choice.

Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    Herman Cain posted on FB: "I'm 100% Pro-Life, End of Story".
    Maybe he thinks it's wrong, but that comment makes it sound like he's for the government staying out of things.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    Maybe he thinks it's wrong, but that comment makes it sound like he's for the government staying out of things.
    There is still hope that he is for turning babies into medical waste, that ranks way up there with you.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    yeah....just means that he doesn't believe it's the Governments job to be condoning the practice or supporting it with money.
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

Power CUer
    I think he's pro-choice.
    The way I read his comment is that he is personally pro-life, and acts in his personal sphere based on that belief. However, his political philosophy is that issues surrounding pregnancy and abortion should not be a political issue at all. Many moderate Republicans I knew felt exactly this way: they didn't believe in abortion, but they also didn't believe that the government should be involved at all. It's more of a libertarian view, the one that Ron Paul should actually have but doesn't.

Of course, Cain may have to clarify as time goes on, so we shall see.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    There is still hope that he is for turning babies into medical waste, that ranks way up there with you.

Easy...:D
    May the FORCE be with you!

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    The way I read his comment is that he is personally pro-life, and acts in his personal sphere based on that belief. However, his political philosophy is that issues surrounding pregnancy and abortion should not be a political issue at all. Many moderate Republicans I knew felt exactly this way: they didn't believe in abortion, but they also didn't believe that the government should be involved at all. It's more of a libertarian view, the one that Ron Paul should actually have but doesn't.

Of course, Cain may have to clarify as time goes on, so we shall see.
    how is smaller government that's less intrusive into peoples lives, regardless of the topic libertarian or moderate? Ironic that many think that it needs to stay out of the way in business and other financial areas, but turn around and talk about how the government needs to be in peoples personal lives on social issues.

The biggest problem with abortion isn't that it happens, but HOW it happened. The Supreme Court in Roe v Wade made a horrible mistake and created law from the bench instead of going state by state (as it was prior to that) or even at a National Level through Congress. It was an extremely dangerous precedent set by the SCOTUS and one that has created the current hyper-politicization of every topic.
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

The quote in the OP sounds very clearly pro-choice. Wanting the family to decide for themselves and keeping the government out of it is the definition of pro-choice.

You may be 100% against abortion in your own life, but if you think that the choice should still be your own and not the government's, that's still pro-choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Smith - Wealth of Nations
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.

Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    You may be 100% against abortion in your own life, but if you think that the choice should still be your own and not the government's, that's still pro-choice.
    You are very correct with this statement but I have found many people that this was impossible to explain to.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg