1. #1 Lisa Simeone breaks NPR's ethics rules 
    Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    http://bigjournalism.com/pjsalvatore...c-spokeswoman/

Daily Caller: NPR Host Lisa Simeone Is Occupy DC Spokeswoman
    Posted by P.J. Salvatore Oct 19th 2011 at 10:15 am in NPR, journalism, media bias | Comments (22)

Matthew Boyle at Daily Caller:

National Public Radio host Lisa Simeone appears to be breaking the taxpayer-subsidized network’s ethics rules by acting as a spokeswoman for Occupy D.C. group “October 2011,” which is currently “occupying” Freedom Plaza in Washington, D.C.

Simeone hosts NPR’s nationally syndicated “World of Opera” program and “SoundPrint,” a program that airs on NPR’s WAMU affiliate at American University in Washington, D.C.

When Roll Call asked Simeone about the conflict of interest and the apparent ethics violations, she replied, “Well, I work in radio still, but this is totally different” because she says she’s a “freelancer.”

NPR’s ethics policy for journalists forbids them from “engag[ing] in public relations work, paid or unpaid.”
    more

so much for NPR's unbias reporting
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

I thought the NPR ethics code was simply that they couldn't say anything negative about the Obama Oministration or postitive about a Republican. Live and learn, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by DumbAss Tanker View Post
    I thought the NPR ethics code was simply that they couldn't say anything negative about the Obama Oministration or postitive about a Republican. Live and learn, I guess.
    NPR has ethics rules? That's so... bourgeois of them. :D
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    NPR has ethics rules? That's so... bourgeois of them. :D
    lol, kinda my thought too :D
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    It doesn't look like it was NPR who fired her, but one radio station.

"She also was the host for the weekly D.C. show "Soundprint" on NPR's WAMU affiliate."

This is what she was fired from.

"Simeone confirmed on Thursday that she had been fired from the "Soundprint" show; NPR is "in conversations" about her role as both "World of Opera" host and Occupy D.C. protester."

Confirming it was only that show on WAMU, not NPR as she is still with them for their shows.
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    It doesn't look like it was NPR who fired her, but one radio station.

"She also was the host for the weekly D.C. show "Soundprint" on NPR's WAMU affiliate."

This is what she was fired from.

"Simeone confirmed on Thursday that she had been fired from the "Soundprint" show; NPR is "in conversations" about her role as both "World of Opera" host and Occupy D.C. protester."

Confirming it was only that show on WAMU, not NPR as she is still with them for their shows.
    it's not about her being fired, it's about her being a spokes person for "October 2011" which has loose affiliation with the Occupy DC group and that she's an employee of NPR. She's not allowed under their ethics rule to do that.

NPRs "Code of Ethics".........
    http://www.npr.org/about/aboutnpr/et...hics_code.html

Specifically...
    http://www.npr.org/about/aboutnpr/et...e.html#outside
    (snip)

8. NPR journalists may not speak to groups where the appearance might put in question NPR's impartiality. Such instances include situations where the employee's appearance may appear to endorse the agenda of a group or organization. This would include participation in some political debates and forums where the sponsoring group(s) or other participants are identified with a particular perspective on an issue or issues and NPR journalist's participation might put into question NPR's impartiality.

(snip)

http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

NPR journalists may not speak to groups where the appearance might put in question NPR's impartiality. Such instances include situations where the employee's appearance may appear to endorse the agenda of a group or organization. This would include participation in some political debates and forums where the sponsoring group(s) or other participants are identified with a particular perspective on an issue or issues and NPR journalist's participation might put into question NPR's impartiality.

"NPR's impartiality"????

They didn't really say "NPR's impartiality" did they?

Oh God! They said it twice!!!
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!