Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 A letter from Herman Cain camp 
    I got this letter a couple of days ago and liked the straight forward language. Just wanted to share it with a few friends.

Level-headed American,

Rhetoric and propaganda. Games and mockery. Welcome to the Obama years.

According to an email sent out tonight, our President and his supporters are mocking those trying to come up with solutions for this country, by asking people to tune in to tonight’s conservative debate for a good laugh – turn it into a game even. Instead of encouraging people to be mindful with the money they have in this volatile economy, President Obama’s people ask you to donate $5 to his campaign every time a political buzzword is used.

Not only is this arrogant, but to be honest, it’s reminiscent of the same old hard-headed bullying of beltway politicians. It is a move pulled to degrade the ideas of candidates before hearing them, and to trick money and future votes out of a society that should be concerned about saving their money, not putting it toward false HOPE.

This inconsiderate move is nothing more than what we should come to expect from the President – a man who, until July of this year, THREE YEARS into his Presidency, failed to draft a single page of debt-solving legislation for our Congress; a man who daily gives speeches around this country blaming conservatives for stalling his job-creation bill, one which his own party members in the Senate have openly stated is unfit and irresponsible; a man who was behind a federal bailout that gave $500 billion dollars to 800 corporate firms, who now has the audacity to pledge allegiance with those spending their lives in the streets in protest against such government intervention.

Think back to 2008. It was hope and regulation President Obama ran on. It was bipartisanship and an end to war. Yet somehow we are three years removed from such speeches and our economy is worse off, are troops still aren’t home and the leadership in the White House can only make fun of those trying to come up with solutions to improve our country’s morale.

A reminder to President Obama and his administration – you ran for this position. You wanted to become President of the United States of America. After three years in office, how and why are there still excuses? This was the job you wanted! If you care about the country, do your job better or let someone fill the position who will.

It is now the Obama Administration, not conservatives, who are the beltway game players and rough-neck politicians. Those who dare to oppose them are targeted with mudslinging and rhetoric. Herman Cain leads a group of conservatives who are renewed, modern, and ready to lead now!

Conservatives are straight-forward, tough – we will state facts and pitch our plans, and if the plans need work, we will continue to craft them until they are suitable for the American people. Conservatives are problem solvers – we acknowledge the hardships currently plaguing our country and spend every moment on this campaign working towards solutions based strategies to solve problems. Conservatives are careful and detailed – we are putting together specific, efficient, effective plans that can immediately apply to our limping economy. Conservatives are determined – we will not be deterred by the administrations attempts to mock our ideas, we will continue to strive to develop policies that will help our country out of some of its toughest days; we will not stay quiet when the bully asks us to.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

On Fox news, at about 10 AM EST there was an interview with one of the numerous pundits that appear. I had never seen this man before the interview, not heard of him.

The pundit began his breakdown of Romney and explained why, in the long run, most conservatives will vote for him.
    "What about Herman Cain?", the interviewer asked.
    A chuckle and head shake. "Look", he said, "We've seen this before. First it was Michelle Bachman. Then Perry. Cain is one who talks first and then thinks later. He's just a fad."

Oh, really?

Wish I had caught the gentleman's name. Wish I had a film of the dismissive head shake, too.:mad:

Romney is, in my opinion, just another establishment candidate. He'll do what he can to get elected, and do what he must to stay in power. I don't want him. I want Cain.

Quote Originally Posted by TruckerMe View Post
    On Fox news, at about 10 AM EST there was an interview with one of the numerous pundits that appear. I had never seen this man before the interview, not heard of him.

The pundit began his breakdown of Romney and explained why, in the long run, most conservatives will vote for him.
    "What about Herman Cain?", the interviewer asked.
    A chuckle and head shake. "Look", he said, "We've seen this before. First it was Michelle Bachman. Then Perry. Cain is one who talks first and then thinks later. He's just a fad."

Oh, really?

Wish I had caught the gentleman's name. Wish I had a film of the dismissive head shake, too.:mad:

Romney is, in my opinion, just another establishment candidate. He'll do what he can to get elected, and do what he must to stay in power. I don't want him. I want Cain.
    Romney is too polished. I don't trust him or his any-way-the-wind-blows politics. That may be smart but it makes me doubt his principles. It's ok to change one's mind, but not for political expediency.

I'll keep donating to Cain until and unless he says something I cannot support or some other candidate wins the nomination.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    Romney is too polished. I don't trust him or his any-way-the-wind-blows politics. That may be smart but it makes me doubt his principles. It's ok to change one's mind, but not for political expediency.

I'll keep donating to Cain until and unless he says something I cannot support or some other candidate wins the nomination.
    This has been a bad week...things aren't looking good. I'll tell you first hand that Republican primary voters don't tend to rally behind candidates with this much baggage........ and now after the revelation that he voted for Bill Clinton...this guy is imploding faster than a Hazmat Railcar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zz95_VvTxZM
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    This has been a bad week...things aren't looking good. I'll tell you first hand that Republican primary voters don't tend to rally behind candidates with this much baggage........ and now after the revelation that he voted for Bill Clinton...this guy is imploding faster than a Hazmat Railcar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zz95_VvTxZM
    Cain voted for Clinton in 92, but not 96.

Perry supported Gore in '88.

Reagan was a Democrat before he was a Republican.

Bush got a DUI.

So did Chaney.

Ted Kennedy....well, never mind.

But I'm interested in how you can tell us all "first hand". Were you, yourself, rejected because of baggage? Or are you qualified to announce which baggage will do in a candidate 60 days before even the first vote is cast? I doubt it.

Today, RealClearPolitics shows that Cain polls ahead of Romney by 2.2%, and if you just count the polls taken since 10/16, the lead increases to 4.5%
    http://http://www.realclearpolitics....tion-1452.html

I hope Cain wins, and I'm going to vote for him unless I find reason not to. And so far, I think he is the best candidate for America.

But I'll keep looking for this implosion you are talking about. I mean, seriously, they are fun to watch. Perry; John Edwards; Anthony Weiner; John Ensign; Gary Condit; now, THOSE were implosions!

Cain? Nah.

Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
    But I'm interested in how you can tell us all "first hand". Were you, yourself, rejected because of baggage? Or are you qualified to announce which baggage will do in a candidate 60 days before even the first vote is cast? I doubt it.

Today, RealClearPolitics shows that Cain polls ahead of Romney by 2.2%, and if you just count the polls taken since 10/16, the lead increases to 4.5%
    Been involved with the GOP for many years. Studied PolySci in college and continued reading it ever since. Now I'm not suggesting that makes me an "expert", but let's just say, of my few strengths, I've been pretty good at figuring out with a pretty good degree of accuracy the type candidates the GOP favors. Sorry if that comes across arrogant...its not meant to be. It has little to do with talent..... just a "Yogism"......

"You can observe alot just by watching"

American politics these days isn't too difficult to figure out. Sad part is you may be more right than you think on what you said in an earlier post. Most candidates have to look, speak, and act the part of a "leader" to win with the dipwad voting public. Forget the fact that all those Aesthetics and great talking points don't amount to clear understanding of philosophy, economics, or history. As long as someone comes up with the appropriate slogan, such as "hope and change". or "9 9 9". We eat that up.

You may be right.....One of things I failed to consider until watching this week is the 4th branch of government....
    The MEDIA.

Right now they are in la la land love with Herm. Not much happening in that camp One thing for sure, when the media starts talking about how you're done......Your usually "Done". That hasn't happened yet with Cain...so he's relatively ok right now. We'll see.

One thing most often true about American politics is you will know when a candidate is crashing because the media will tell you.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    Been involved with the GOP for many years. Studied PolySci in college and continued reading it ever since. Now I'm not suggesting that makes me an "expert", but let's just say, of my few strengths, I've been pretty good at figuring out with a pretty good degree of accuracy the type candidates the GOP favors. Sorry if that comes across arrogant...its not meant to be. It has little to do with talent..... just a "Yogism"......

"You can observe alot just by watching"

American politics these days isn't too difficult to figure out. Sad part is you may be more right than you think on what you said in an earlier post. Most candidates have to look, speak, and act the part of a "leader" to win with the dipwad voting public. Forget the fact that all those Aesthetics and great talking points don't amount to clear understanding of philosophy, economics, or history. As long as someone comes up with the appropriate slogan, such as "hope and change". or "9 9 9". We eat that up.

You may be right.....One of things I failed to consider until watching this week is the 4th branch of government....
    The MEDIA.

Right now they are in la la land love with Herm. Not much happening in that camp One thing for sure, when the media starts talking about how you're done......Your usually "Done". That hasn't happened yet with Cain...so he's relatively ok right now. We'll see.

One thing most often true about American politics is you will know when a candidate is crashing because the media will tell you.
    The media likes Cain because he is controversial and is black. They love to stoke the fires of racism and keep the country divided. Do they really care about Cain, I doubt it?

I'm not seeing the "love" for Cain from the media. When he was near the bottom of the polls, they ignored him. Once he popped up in the lead, they unleashed their attack dogs. Now they all sound alike in their attacks. I guess Soros and machine released the permitted talking points and acceptable view point toward Herman. Just listen to their reports, they are the Borg. They have been assimilated.
    C. S. Lewis
    Ayn Rand

I've not yet locked in on one particular candidate that I can whole-heartily endorse.

One thing that worries me a bit about Cain is that it's becoming almost a mirror
    reflection of the Obama freenzy in 2008 when we saw the left sweep Obama in
    regardless of his lack of experience, regardless of his associations with people
    like Aryers and Rev Write. The left fixated on getting him elected just because
    he was black, different and an outsider full of hope. They were blind to anything
    negative where Barry was concerned.

I just hope the right isn't getting caught up in the same freenzy of electing Cain
    because he's the political outsider. The fact that he's surging in the polls even more
    after all this kinda worries me that people on the right are not taking a step back
    and really looking closer before just electing him regardless.

I had one foot already on the Cain Train and was pretty sure he'd be my choice.
    But watching how he handled this has made me pull back a little. I work in the
    legal department at my company and have seen us settle on the same kind of
    cases just to keep them out of court and get rid of them, even when we know
    they are bogus. So I give Cain all the benefit of doubt that he's innocent. But
    then the way he has handled himself since has not impressed me at all.

A man like Cain would have known exactly at the time what the details of the
    settlement/arrangement were. The way he came out saying he had to recollect
    and put the pieces together, and he couldn't remember/never knew what the
    final settlement was...all that side-stepping did not impress me. If he had come
    out with a statement and said "yes this happened, the company settled rather
    than going to court, I was innocent, but the women involved blew it out of
    context and it's their perception vs my perception of what happened, end of
    story" I could have bought that and would have had a lot more confidence
    in endorsing him fully.

I still think he's a good man and has potential to be a good president. But if
    he bungled handling a crisis like this in his campaign, stop and think how
    he would react as POTUS to a national crisis. I don't know....no matter how
    much we say we'd like a Washington outsider, there is still a lot to be said
    for the oval office not being a place to learn on-the-job experience. I'm not
    sure if Israel goes to bombing the shit out of Iran that Cain would be the
    best person to have in office to handle what would come next if he can't
    handle this personal crisis mess any better than he is now. His solution
    seems to be to tell the press he's not talking about it any further so don't
    ask again.

I'm glad we still have a whole year to interview our candidates
    I don't like my choices in this election.

Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    I'm not seeing the "love" for Cain from the media. When he was near the bottom of the polls, they ignored him. Once he popped up in the lead, they unleashed their attack dogs. Now they all sound alike in their attacks. I guess Soros and machine released the permitted talking points and acceptable view point toward Herman. Just listen to their reports, they are the Borg. They have been assimilated.
    Which media? Fox? No, it's the lap dog of the left MSNBC and others. Check out Drudge. He's traditionally fair and conservative, and there's mostly only positive spin coming out of all the bullcrap allegations on Cain. He's coming out of this fairly well. Maybe next week it will change, but overall the damage control has been pretty minimal

Believe me, I hate it when the media focuses on these type of distractions and irrellevant topics. Candidates should be judged on their policy issues, but here we are talking about the crap you read in People magazine?

Just another diversion away from principled issues.