Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    but State Law trumps GOP rules
    That is true as far as when the primaries and caucuses will be held, but I believe the Republican and Democratic parties determine the delegate selection process. I know that Florida and Michigan defied the national parties in 2008 and there were consequences. For example, Texas has considered moving the primary to a later date next year. If we do, we can choose the method for delegate selection, if we don't, the delegates will be proportional.

I don't see how the Several States can usurp the individual party rules on how they will nominate their candidates.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    That is true as far as when the primaries and caucuses will be held, but I believe the Republican and Democratic parties determine the delegate selection process. I know that Florida and Michigan defied the national parties in 2008 and there were consequences. For example, Texas has considered moving the primary to a later date next year. If we do, we can choose the method for delegate selection, if we don't, the delegates will be proportional.

I don't see how the Several States can usurp the individual party rules on how they will nominate their candidates.
    MI was only "punished" by the DNC (which Hillary won) not by the RNC. And why not? New Hampshire's law is what is causing a lot of issues and making them jump everyone that jumps them into December
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry