1. #1 Former Marine SGT at OWS 
    Sgt. Shamar Thomas USMC Veteran. I took an Oath that I live by. I am NOT anti-NYPD. I am anti- Police Brutality. I am no longer under contract with the USMC so I do NOT have to follow military uniform regulations. I DON'T affiliate myself with ANY GROUPS or POLITICAL ORG. I affiliate myself with the AMERICAN PEOPLE that's it. I REFUSE to affiliate with anything that SEPERATES. There is an obvious problem in the country and PEACEFUL PEOPLE should be allowed to PROTEST without Brutality. I was involved in a RIOT in Rutbah, Iraq 2004 and we did NOT treat the Iraqi citizens like they are treating the unarmed civilians in our OWN Country. No one was brutalized because our mission was to "WIN the hearts and minds", why should I expect anything less in my OWN Country

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmEHcOc0Sys

so what are peoples take on this?

Here's an interview: Please try to hold your nose cause it's Keith Olberman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yEm87vZ82E
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

He thinks the mission of the government in the US is to win the hearts and minds?

Ok shall we count the violations of the USMC dress code for former Marines that he's violating?

Assuming this guy isn't a candidate for Stolen Valor. Especially since it appears his Silver Star ribbon is in he wrong place.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    Ok shall we count the violations of the USMC dress code for former Marines that he's violating?

Assuming this guy isn't a candidate for Stolen Valor. Especially since it appears his Silver Star ribbon is in he wrong place.
    Unfortanatly or how ever you want to look at it. He's legit.

This is the ribbons on his coat

Which should be;

Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medal - Combat Action Ribbon - Navy Unic Commendation - Good Conduct Medal - National Defense - Iraq Campaign - Marine Expeditionary Service - Global War On Terror - Sea Service Deployment

This is a photo of him addressing school kids from a couple of years ago.

http://www.marines.mil/unit/hqmc/Pub...talks%20hi.jpg

He is how ever in violation of numerous military regs, but in all, I doubt any thing will be done about it.
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

He is certainly in violation of the Marines' regs for wear of the uniform after discharge:

APPROPRIATE WEAR OF THE UNIFORM AND MEDALS/RIBBONS

1. Regulations governing the wear of uniforms by active duty/retired, former Marines and civilians serving with the Corps:
    Chapter 11 MCO P1020.3G, Marine Corps Uniform Regulations (Source Document)
    Basic guidance (Active Duty/Reservist/Retiree and Former Marines) –
    v Grooming Standards. Anyone who wears the Marine Corps Uniform must abide by the Marine Corps Grooming standards (paragraph 1004 and 8000.2 of the Uniform Regulations). Active duty/Reservists/Retirees and former Marines must also abide by the height and weight standards (paragraph 8000.2 of the Uniform Regulations).

v Wear of Proper Insignia and Awards. When wearing a Marine Corps uniform you may only wear your current rank, or the rank that you left the service with and may only wear the awards you rate per your personnel records. No deviations of this policy are authorized.

v Activities where you may not wear the Uniform. Paragraph 11002 of the Uniform Regulations provides a list of activities that you may not wear the uniform (i.e. to an event that brings discredit to the Corps, to events in support of political interests, private and/or commercial employment…).

v Retiree/Reservist Wear of Uniforms. As a Retiree/Reservist you may wear the uniform for basically any event that you wore the uniform while on active duty.

v As a former Marine there are some restrictions:

Ø You must have served during a time of war (i.e. earned the National Defense Medal during your time in service) and received an honorable discharge to wear the uniform.

Ø Events you are restricted to wearing it to:

§ Military funerals, memorial services, weddings, and inaugurals.

§ Parades on national or state holidays; or other parades or ceremonies of a patriotic character in which any active or reserve United States military unit are taking part. ‘Wearing of the uniform or any part thereof at any other time or for any purpose is prohibited.’

§ Recipients of the Medal of Honor may wear the Marine Corps uniforms at their pleasure except for those specific occasions listed in paragraph 11002 of the Uniform Regulations
    I'd say that wearing half the uniform, with a goatee, while protesting on behalf of anarchists and appearing on any TV show with Kieth Olbermann qualifies as a violation of the grooming standards and prohibition on appearing at events that will bring discredit to the corps.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Appearing with that idiot, Herr Olbermann, is a violation of common sense, decency, and good judgement. He disgraces his uniform and himself. He deserves no special treatment.:mad:
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Everyone is tripping over themselves to point out what rules he may be breaking, why is no one discussing what he is saying?
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Smith - Wealth of Nations
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.

Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    Everyone is tripping over themselves to point out what rules he may be breaking, why is no one discussing what he is saying?
    Why...sounds just like what the rest of the unwashed masses breaking the law there are saying.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    Because what he's saying would be ignored as more of the same blather from the OWS crowd if it weren't for his status as a former Marine. He's using his uniform to buy himself credibility, but in doing so, he has disgraced it.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!