Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Who's Better: Bird or Jordan 
    Hey... Michael is the greatest of all time... BUT he never was against the Bird :D

discuss.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svHk8Zntc5g
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Banned
    Jordan by a longshot. Everyone knows this.

Quote Originally Posted by KhrushchevsShoe View Post
    I have to agree (I hope only once) with the douche bag, Jordan hands down.

Bird doesn't get the respect he deserves in the all time conversation, but NO ONE was better than MJ.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

And yet nearly every time he met Bird in a big spot, while Bird was healthy, he got taken.

I'd argue that had it not been for the mighty Laker teams Bird would have had 6 rings. Had it not been for the Celtics, Magic would have 6 to 8.

Jordan beat an old on the down slide Lakers team for his first ring. Except for the Utah Jazz team, he never had near the competition Bird and Magic had with each others dynasties and the Detroit and Philadelphia 80's teams.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    Bird doesn't get the respect he deserves in the all time conversation, but NO ONE was better than MJ.
    I agree. I'm just giving the Bird some love.

Been watching alot of the NBA old stuff they are showing since the season's pretty much canceled.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    And yet nearly every time he met Bird in a big spot, while Bird was healthy, he got taken.

I'd argue that had it not been for the mighty Laker teams Bird would have had 6 rings. Had it not been for the Celtics, Magic would have 6 to 8.

Jordan beat an old on the down slide Lakers team for his first ring. Except for the Utah Jazz team, he never had near the competition Bird and Magic had with each others dynasties and the Detroit and Philadelphia 80's teams.
    The Bulls made a lot of very good teams look very bad. Seattle was a power with Kemp and The Glove.

The Bulls made a lot of very good teams look very bad. Seattle was a power with Kemp and The Glove.
    Negative. Now, I'm an MJ fan, however, the competition in the 70's and 80's was much, much tougher than it was in Jordan's hayday. In the 80's it was Bird vs Magic, Byrd vs Dr. J, Magic vs Dr. J. In Jordan's day it was Jordan vs....He had no foil. But if you want to have some fun with it, try www.whatifsports.com.

Put down the bong and stop posting right there. You cannot claim to be "a power" if you don't have any championships to prove it.

Sean "How many kids do I have" Kemp (aka Reignman) and Gary " Whine may ass off" Payton (aka The Glove) were good, make no mistake, but they are not even in the same league as Jordan or Bird....

And this coming from someone who absolutely hates the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Negative. Now, I'm an MJ fan, however, the competition in the 70's and 80's was much, much tougher than it was in Jordan's hayday. In the 80's it was Bird vs Magic, Byrd vs Dr. J, Magic vs Dr. J. In Jordan's day it was Jordan vs....He had no foil. But if you want to have some fun with it, try www.whatifsports.com.
    Yep. When Bird scored his 60 against the Hawks in 85....The Hawks were a playoff team, and he was guarded by a hall of famer, Dominique Wilkins. Jordan consistantly scored 40 and 50 against the best teams in the 80's.

Kobe's 80 doesn't seem near as impressive to me when you figure the Raptors were trash and played little defense.