Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    If I were starting a team, the FIRST player I would take is Magic Johnson.
    I long for the days when our President actually liked our country.

Quote Originally Posted by Constitutionally Speaking View Post
    If I were starting a team, the FIRST player I would take is Magic Johnson.
    As a Sixer fan, Magic was the guy who had me rooting for the Lakers as long as they weren't playing my Sixers. Reason being, when we swept them in '83, he, along with the rest of the Lakers, came into the Sixers locker room to celebrate with them. That showed me a lot of class. Jordan quit on his team for 2 seasons thinking he was such a great athlete that he could play baseball as well. Magic never quit even when he was diagnosed with HIV.

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    As a Sixer fan, Magic was the guy who had me rooting for the Lakers as long as they weren't playing my Sixers. Reason being, when we swept them in '83, he, along with the rest of the Lakers, came into the Sixers locker room to celebrate with them. That showed me a lot of class. Jordan quit on his team for 2 seasons thinking he was such a great athlete that he could play baseball as well. Magic never quit even when he was diagnosed with HIV.

Extremely talented - and don't forget this POINT GUARD scored 40 some points in a PLAYOFF game PLAYING CENTER.

Here is the stat line

42 points, 15 rebounds, 7 assists in series-clinching Game 6 of the 1980 NBA Finals.

Oh, and he was a ROOKIE.
    Last edited by Constitutionally Speaking; 10-22-2011 at 04:34 PM.
    I long for the days when our President actually liked our country.

I think some of that had to do with him burying his father at the end of his 3rd title.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    I think some of that had to do with him burying his father at the end of his 3rd title.
    If he truly wanted to mourn his father, he would have taken time away from the spotlight. Instead, he put the lamp further on himself by claiming to follow a dream to play professional baseball. He was a narcissist through and through.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

If he truly wanted to mourn his father, he would have taken time away from the spotlight. Instead, he put the lamp further on himself by claiming to follow a dream to play professional baseball. He was a narcissist through and through.
    I agree he's a narcicisst. Never have liked players like him. Yes, he could back up his arrogance, but so many other athletes like Barry Sanders let their play do the talking.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

I thought his stepping away from basketball was due to some gambling issues?

He did follow a dream, how dare he? Also, it was the dream his father had for him growing up.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    I agree he's a narcicisst. Never have liked players like him. Yes, he could back up his arrogance, but so many other athletes like Barry Sanders let their play do the talking.
    You mean Barry (I'm a virgin. oops, that's my baby) Sanders?
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    You mean Barry (I'm a virgin. oops, that's my baby) Sanders?
    I don't remember that one. I guess I just remember that he was pretty much the quiet type on the field. All that stuff about Walter Payton is coming out too now. But he was very well respected as a team mate and role model at the time. Everybody has some dirty laundry I guess.