Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 'Banker's Wife Joins Occupy Protests' 
    WillyT Donating Member (1000+ posts) Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Fri Oct-21-11 05:19 PM
    Original message
    Oh Boy... The Right-Wing Does NOT Like This... 'Banker's Wife Joins Occupy Protests' - Newser

Advertisements [?]
    Banker's Wife Joins Occupy Protests
    STACEY HESSLER IS A MOTHER OF FOUR WHO SAYS SHE'S 'FIGHTING FOR A BETTER WORLD'
    By John Johnson, Newser Staff
    Posted Oct 21, 2011 3:09 PM CDT

<snip>

(NEWSER) – The Occupy Wall Street protester of the day must be Stacey Hessler, a 38-year-old banker's wife and mother of four from Florida who is camping out in Zuccotti Park. “I have no idea what the future holds, but I’m here indefinitely,” Hessler tells the New York Post. She likens her situation to that of members of the military who have to temporarily leave their families. Her kids range in age from 7 to 17, and hubby is a former Bank of America financial adviser now working for a Florida bank. “He says he’s working for ‘the Man,’ and I’m fighting against him,” says Hessler.

The Post can barely conceal its contempt—the first paragraph says she "ditched her family"—and Gawker mocks the tone of the profile. It makes it sound "like she's some unsuspecting housewife who was brainwashed by hippies via Facebook," writes John Cook. "Who will think of the children?" he adds (sarcastically). "How selfish of her to leave them in the care of her husband and friends while pursuing something so frivolous as joining a political movement she believes in." (For the record, Hessler's mom thinks she's being "selfish.")

<snip>

Link: http://www.newser.com/story/131577/bankers-wife-joins-o...

************************************************** ***************************************

And from NYMag...

At Least One Occupy Wall Street Protester Is Married to a Banker, Has Kids
    NYMag
    10/21/11 at 09:17 AM

<snip>

With four children and a banker husband back home in Florida, Stacey Hessler is spending her days occupying. Lately, she's been cleaning Zuccotti Park, meditating, and giving hugs at the "empathy" table. "I have no idea what the future holds," she said, "but I'm here indefinitely. Forever." In the life she left behind, her kids range in age from 7 to 17, and her husband, formerly a financial adviser at Bank of America, works for a local bank. He is not pleased about this newfound radicalism: "He says he’s working for ‘the Man,' and I’m fighting against him," Hessler said. But she's a soldier:

"Military people leave their families all the time, so why should I feel bad?" a defiant Hessler said. "I’m fighting for a better world."

Her mother called her "selfish." With her dreadlocks and disregard for traditional family values, the New York Post thinks she's perfect. - Perfect for mocking I presume...

<snip>

Link: http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2011/10/at_least_one_occup...

Go Stacey!!!
    http://www.democraticunderground.com...esg_id=2162651

I saw this on fox and friends this morning. I was waiting for it to make it over here. HmmmmmmI smell a divorce in the works. Such a whore..............:D
    Lets just paint some happy clouds over at the sunshine and lollipop land

I don't know about that "banker hubby" stuff, but she sure does need some dental work.......

http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

She's interesting ...

Stacey Hessler, 38 -- a self-described “vegan freak” who’s into dreadlocks, roller derby and “unschooling” her kids -- acts like a self-obsessed college sophomore who never grew up, said a neighbor in her hometown of DeLand, Fla.

“I’m not disgusted she took off [to protest] -- because I’m not surprised,” seethed one next-door neighbor who asked that her name not be published.

“ ‘The Man’ she went up there to fight against is the bank where her husband works.

“She believes everything should be free,” the neighbor added.

The middle-aged flower child’s trip to New York to sleep under the stars with the Occupy Wall Street protesters was chronicled in The Post yesterday.

One angry neighbor said yesterday it was hardly surprising that Hessler would leave her kids behind and go radical.

“She’s very bizarre,” the neighbor insisted.

On her Facebook page, Hessler wrote about being a surrogate mom. She also boasted of a panoply of California-style beliefs.

She called herself a “radical unschooling mom of four, midwives assistant, roller-derby queen, rock-star musician, activist, dreadlock princess, African-bee keeper, organic vegan freak and a surrogate for the second time.”
    Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/m...#ixzz1bXicCEmG

Ohhhh she's a nutcase. That explains it all.

“I’ve been right next to her when she’s been on the phone with her kids,” she added. “It was [her youngest daughter’s] birthday recently and she called and said ‘happy birthday.’ ”

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/m...#ixzz1bYAymDIH
    Now THAT should make her mother of the year.
    Lets just paint some happy clouds over at the sunshine and lollipop land

Two words: Prenuptial agreement. :D
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

I saw this on Fox this morning as well and in that segment, I saw something funny. Behind her was a black guy with white stringy hair. He was wearing boots with the Rebel flag on it. I found that both ironic and hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Two words: Prenuptial agreement. :D
    God, I hope that man had one.

~QC
    "The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is hard business. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." Rudyard Kipling - (1865-1936)

Context doesn't matter to this liberal it seems/ as long as it satisfies his godless dreams/ like monkeys throwing sh!t as castles in air/ as long as he throws/that is the extent of his care.

"Banker's wife"? Maybe he's a teller........that would explain the MSM.........

http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

Quote Originally Posted by marv View Post
    "Banker's wife"? Maybe he's a teller........that would explain the MSM.........
    He was a former adviser to BoA. Maybe not a heavy hitter, but more than a teller. And, she's definitely a loon.

"Military people leave their families all the time, so why should I feel bad?" a defiant Hessler said. "I’m fighting for a better world."
    No, she's camping out with a bunch of like-minded (okay, what passes for minds) idiots in the middle of a park so that they can fight for collectivist tyranny, get stoned and avoid adult responsibilities. Hope her husband has the number of a good divorce lawyer.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!