1. #1 "I guess the world still needs ditch diggers." 
    Swede Donating Member (1000+ posts) Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Sat Oct-22-11 08:20 PM
    Original message
    "I guess the world still needs ditch diggers."

That saying has always bugged me. My mom was a cook for a large school,my dad worked his whole adult life on the railroad. Both belonged to unions. They worked hard,got a decent wage,and got a decent pension. Those days of decent wages were thankfully,thankfully still availible before they retired.

Yes,the world needs ditch diggers. It's probably something one of the 1% thought of,belittling them. But Mr.1% pay them an honest wage for an honest days work. Give them a fair pension after a lifetime of this backbreaking labor. That should not be too much to ask.
    http://www.democraticunderground.com...ss=439x2168838

And what is wrong with ditch diggers? I am a ditch digger....make pretty damn good money. We are a union shop......was part of a nationwide union...ended up forming our own union.....and we are under state pension.
    Lets just paint some happy clouds over at the sunshine and lollipop land

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    DUmmie: "Is there an App for that dude???" :p:D
    May the FORCE be with you!