1. #1 Sharia Law Now coming to............Libya 
    Ya know, I get beat up alot for my my stance against all of this endless interventionism. Kinda in the minority here. Here's another prime time example of how we get exactly the opposite of what we want cause we think we can socially rearrange the whole frigin world.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...lamic-law.html

Mustafa Abdul-Jalil, the chairman of the National Transitional Council and de fact president, had already declared that Libyan laws in future would have Sharia, the Islamic code, as its "basic source".

I don't worry so much about the Jihadi's like others do. Doesn't mean that I don't think they are a threat to be reckoned with....just disagree on the methods.

but dang folks........ when you keep helping them out. Kinda makes me sick to my stomach.

So, now we've got a full fledged new little Sharia republic in North Africa. Congrats. I stand by the Blowback concept.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    Ya know, I get beat up alot for my my stance against all of this endless interventionism. Kinda in the minority here. Here's another prime time example of how we get exactly the opposite of what we want cause we think we can socially rearrange the whole frigin world.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...lamic-law.html

I don't worry so much about the Jihadi's like others do. Doesn't mean that I don't think they are a threat to be reckoned with....just disagree on the methods.

but dang folks........ when you keep helping them out. Kinda makes me sick to my stomach.

So, now we've got a full fledged new little Sharia republic in North Africa. Congrats. I stand by the Blowback concept.
    Except that because Obama put these jihadis in power and sucked us into Libya, it's not so much blowback as blow job.

This intervention had very little support on this board. Trading a secular anti-American thug for a Muslim Brotherhood-approved Sharia-compliant anti-American thug doesn't do much for us overseas, except to make us look like utter tools.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Except that because Obama put these jihadis in power and sucked us into Libya, it's not so much blowback as blow job.

This intervention had very little support on this board. Trading a secular anti-American thug for a Muslim Brotherhood-approved Sharia-compliant anti-American thug doesn't do much for us overseas, except to make us look like utter tools.
    I agree with this. I just also have strong opinions on how similar Saddam and Mohammar were. Although the interventions were different, the outcomes have been no better IMO.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

I could have cared less either way if we had gone in or not. But since the call was made to go in, I was backing it 100%. We should have had ground teams there as well, helping to secure the weapon caches and the like. Instead of this mad scramble we're doing now of trying to find out where thousands of man-pads have dissapeared to... I think that will come back to bite us, or our allies, in the ass in the nearish future.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    I could have cared less either way if we had gone in or not. But since the call was made to go in, I was backing it 100%. We should have had ground teams there as well, helping to secure the weapon caches and the like. Instead of this mad scramble we're doing now of trying to find out where thousands of man-pads have dissapeared to... I think that will come back to bite us, or our allies, in the ass in the nearish future.
    Or, we could have created a sheet of glass from the Qatara Depression to Bengazi. No blowback from that, and smoldering, radioactive MANPADs are notoriously hard to repair.
    --Odysseus

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Or, we could have created a sheet of glass from the Qatara Depression to Bengazi. No blowback from that, and smoldering, radioactive MANPADs are notoriously hard to repair.
    We could have done that... but given that we did what we did under the humanitarian excuse... woulda been hard to reconcile that.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    We could have done that... but given that we did what we did under the humanitarian excuse... woulda been hard to reconcile that.
    There is nothing humanitarian about Sharia law. The people of Libya will now have to contend with being ruled by the Muslim Brotherhood. Muslims will have to deal with their daughters sold into a geriatric sheik's harem or watching their wives get stoned to death for showing a bit of ankle, while non-Muslims will have to deal with all that, plus dhimmitude, daily humiliation and pain, and terror. We have consigned the people of Libya to something worse than Ghadafi, and they will hate us for it.
    --Odysseus

We have consigned the people of Libya to something worse than Ghadafi, and they will hate us for it.

Now it's that much easier for a would be Mullah terrorist to recruit others who would otherwise not get involved. They can say "look here" or "look there". And now there is something much more tangible and less illusive. One of the biggest lies of the last twenty years is "they hate us for our freedoms" shit.
    Some may....but it doesn't carry the force of a collective hatred until you couple it with something tangible

Power CUer
    Haven't we all figured out that the goal IS Sharia law in the Middle East?

In the late 70s. Afghanistan was a secular government.
    Iraq was a secular government.
    Tunesia was a secular government.
    Lybia was a secular (if nutty) government.
    Egypt was a secular government.

We already know what happened to Afghanistan. Watch the others fall to Sharia in the next decade or two, if that. I'd bet serious money on it.

I think the goal is to create chaos with all this militant Islam. That way, control can be had by the transnationals who will take everything these countries have. People will be so busy killing or be killed for Allah, that no one will be able to muster up enough support to protect the oil.