Thread: Remember 2004?

1. #1 Remember 2004? 
    When the DUmmies were absoltuely sure that Kerry would wipe Bush out? They're in the same mode again thinking Obama is going to cream McCain.

From what I see in polls, there's at most a 3 point spread on an election that's five months away. Looks like a toss-up to me.

Oh, how I dearly hope that Obama wins the popular vote and McCain wins by a slim margin of electoral votes. The DUmp will go into meltdown again. :D

Quote Originally Posted by FDK View Post
    When the DUmmies were absoltuely sure that Kerry would wipe Bush out? They're in the same mode again thinking Obama is going to cream McCain.

From what I see in polls, there's at most a 3 point spread on an election that's five months away. Looks like a toss-up to me.

Oh, how I dearly hope that Obama wins the popular vote and McCain wins by a slim margin of electoral votes. The DUmp will go into meltdown again. :D
    They would meltdown even if McCain wins both the popular and electoral votes regardless of the margin.

I remember watching Michale Dukakis at the Atlanta Democratic Convention in 1988. They were playing "Coming to America" and I turned to my family and said "He's going to win in a landslide".

Thanks God for Bernard Shaw.

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FDK View Post

I had a couple of compilation threads before the recent crash which had a long list of predictions and boasting about the '04 election. Don't know if I still have it, but it is a treat to read, especially the election night threads. Watching their emotions go from giddiness to pissy-ness is a thing of beauty.

Speaking of 2004, Kerry may be going down in his own district:

LOWELL – Gloucester attorney Ed O’Reilly got enough support from party officials today to ensure that he will give US Senator John F. Kerry his first Democratic primary challenge in 24 years.

At the state Democratic Party convention at the Paul E. Tsongas Arena, O’Reilly got 22.5 percent of the 2,574 ballots cast, more than the 15 percent he needed to secure a spot on the primary ballot. Kerry got the majority of votes, which means he’ll get the party’s endorsement.

“Party officials said this campaign is a nuisance. And it is. It’s a total nuisance,” O’Reilly said to the convention floor. “Democracy is a nuisance. People said the American Revolution was a nuisance — and it was!”

Kerry, in his fourth six-year term, last had a serious challenge in 1996, from Governor William F. Weld, a Republican. He hasn’t had a primary opponent since 1984, when Kerry and three other Democrats ran for a seat vacated by Paul Tsongas.

Few predict the sitting senator will be vulnerable in a primary race. But it could mean more campaigning this summer – and marks an embarrassment that a former presidential candidate was unable to thwart the challenge from O’Reilly....