Thread: Customer Service Is Still Alive

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Customer Service Is Still Alive 
    A year and a half ago I bought an Alton stainless steel vacuum. One week ago the motor fried and it died, When I looked at my warranty I discovered it was up six months ago. This irritated me, it was a premium heavy duty stainless steel vac.
    I contacted Alton by email telling them my displeasure and assuring them it would not be replaced by another Alton or Stanley product.
    They answered requesting my invoice, saying they would put it back under warranty and replace it free of charge with extra bags to compensate me for my trouble. They contacted me today confirming my shipping information.
    I am amazed!
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Not with Wells Fargo.

We had an issue while on vacation where our bank was a bit slow in depositing our pay one day, and Wells tried cashing a check for our car loan, and it bounced by $3. They then proceeded to act like straight up assholes to us, going as far as insulting my wife, telling her that she couldn't seem to understand what was going on, and they refused to talk to her anymore.

We're looking at refinancing our car with a differant bank now. Fuck those guys.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Banned
    I know my bank knew I had a deposit coming in on Friday moring and still bounced a check over 88 cents now that pissed me off

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    Not with Wells Fargo.

We had an issue while on vacation where our bank was a bit slow in depositing our pay one day, and Wells tried cashing a check for our car loan, and it bounced by $3. They then proceeded to act like straight up assholes to us, going as far as insulting my wife, telling her that she couldn't seem to understand what was going on, and they refused to talk to her anymore.

We're looking at refinancing our car with a differant bank now. Fuck those guys.
    I closed all my accounts there a while ago. In fact after they pre-approved me for a large amount of money for a home loan...I cleaned out another account there that I had and bought a house for cash.

They suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    A year and a half ago I bought an Alton stainless steel vacuum. One week ago the motor fried and it died, When I looked at my warranty I discovered it was up six months ago. This irritated me, it was a premium heavy duty stainless steel vac.
    I contacted Alton by email telling them my displeasure and assuring them it would not be replaced by another Alton or Stanley product.
    They answered requesting my invoice, saying they would put it back under warranty and replace it free of charge with extra bags to compensate me for my trouble. They contacted me today confirming my shipping information.
    I am amazed!
    Over the years I have used the power of putting things in writing to get companies to stand behind shitty products....I've had a pretty good sucess rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    I am amazed!
    its called customer accommodation. and its in their interest to do it. I had a problem with my trucks speedometer failing intermittently during the warranty. they never could figure out what was wrong. about 6 mons out of warranty it crapped out for good. it was the speedometer itself. so they replaced it. P&L. but this was documented when it was under warranty,

I had another problem with bad fuel injectors on a sports car I bought years ago. after it went outta warranty they started to fail and it was costing me plenty. I finally gained access to their service bulletins and found out this make and model was notorious for bad injectors. I sent it to the field rep. they replaced all the injectors and refunded my repairs.

if you wanna get to heaven you gotta raise a little hell ?? :D
    Liberals: Obama's useful Idiots

Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post
    I closed all my accounts there a while ago. In fact after they pre-approved me for a large amount of money for a home loan...I cleaned out another account there that I had and bought a house for cash.

They suck.
    Yeah, we went to our primary bank, they told us they've had a lot of people coming to them from Wells. Same issues.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    Not with Wells Fargo.

Wells Fargo is teh debbil. I had an account with them because I really liked the old fashioned checks with the stagecoach, but it wasn't worth the aggravation. They bounced a check I wrote to the power company, because the check was presented or processed at ten time what I wrote it for, ie $1560 rather than $156. They then claimed it was the power company's fault and that if I wanted the fee back it would have to come from Pacific Gas and Electric.

Follow up: Received the replacement vac last week from Alton and I am very pleased with the extra effort they took to keep us as satisfied customers. Alton/Stanley is a good company!:)
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    That's good to know!!!:D
    May the FORCE be with you!