Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by marv View Post
    Shakespeare learned that lesson early on. When there are only seven basic plots to work on, it comes down to things like acting, directing, setting, dialogue, etc., to make the difference. I've never seen a sequel that was better than the original. I never expect to see one.
    You've obviously never seen Empire Strikes Back then.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

I agree with djones, there have been a few good sequals over the years....often rare to find, but some are better then the first...

I thought for sure we would see Nightmare on Elmstreet part XXI come out this month!! :D

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    I've got the series. The difference with Star Wars is that all episodes were scripted out before number four first came out. In the episode release sequence of 4-5-6-1-2-3, CGI became more prominent as the technology progressed.

http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

Yep. That's the crown jewel of Star Wars. One of the reasons why I think is because Lucas didn't direct it. :D

I think the Dark Knight was even better than the first Batman Begins

Some argue that Godfather II is superior to the first one, though I disagree.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    Yep. That's the crown jewel of Star Wars. One of the reasons why I think is because Lucas didn't direct it. :D

I think the Dark Knight was even better than the first Batman Begins

Some argue that Godfather II is superior to the first one, though I disagree.
    I agree Dark Knight was better, but that's such a hard comparison. They were both stellar movies. I haven't seen the Godfather series, so couldn't comment on that one.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

People continue to write novels. You would think Hollywood would look there more often.

The Harry Potter movies are pretty entertaining and original. I watched the first part of the Deathly Hallows on HBO recently-I've never read the books, but I watch the movies as they come to cable.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    People continue to write novels. You would think Hollywood would look there more often.

The Harry Potter movies are pretty entertaining and original. I watched the first part of the Deathly Hallows on HBO recently-I've never read the books, but I watch the movies as they come to cable.
    They weren't bad. The last couple movies have done a lot better work in trying to stick to the actual novel then the first ones did. I think a lot of that had to do with the age of the actors though.

Read the books sometime, their good stuff.

wonder if the remake ends like this :D
    Liberals: Obama's useful Idiots

Or Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post

Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Differences between Obama and God: God's plan to save us is actually written down for people to read. Rush Limbaugh.

My blog: How Things Look From Here Politics, religion, random stuff, now on Wednesdays!