Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post

I'm not making excuses for them, I am acknowledging that rightly or wrongly they are taking a stand, not sitting on their asses behind a computer screen.
    However, during the Tea Party rallies, your ilk would fall all over themselves vilifying them as racists and hate mongers all pissed off because a black guy is in the White House. But the Tea Parties were taking a stand also and yet you and your ilk felt rather differently about them.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    However, during the Tea Party rallies, your ilk would fall all over themselves vilifying them as racists and hate mongers all pissed off because a black guy is in the White House. But the Tea Parties were taking a stand also and yet you and your ilk felt rather differently about them.
    I don't think I have ever characterized the tea party as a whole on this or any other forum. So now I will.

I found the Tea Party folks captured on video to be about as generally ignorant and ill focussed as those caught on camera at OWS. People who show up to a Glenn Beck event aren't going to get any base points for intelligence in my book, the man has turned into a raving loon. I didn't hear any comments suggest knowledge of the subject matter, and most of what I heard was a lot of canned bullshit.... just like OWS.

The reason people got away with accusing the Tea Party folks of simply hating the Black Guy is because the TP's couldn't as a rule elucidate their reason for driving ten hours to go on the lawn to listen to a mess of canned BS and jingoistic crappola which all amounted to "We want Obama out." Moreover, there were actually a great number of people at the TP gatherings who appeared to be past retirement age and thus on government single payer health care, while they were making stupid remarks about keeping the government out of their health care. Not a lot to respect there, other than the fact they, like OWS, actually got off their asses to go speak their minds, such as they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    I don't think I have ever characterized the tea party as a whole on this or any other forum. So now I will.

I found the Tea Party folks captured on video to be about as generally ignorant and ill focussed as those caught on camera at OWS. People who show up to a Glenn Beck event aren't going to get any base points for intelligence in my book, the man has turned into a raving loon. I didn't hear any comments suggest knowledge of the subject matter, and most of what I heard was a lot of canned bullshit.... just like OWS.

The reason people got away with accusing the Tea Party folks of simply hating the Black Guy is because the TP's couldn't as a rule elucidate their reason for driving ten hours to go on the lawn to listen to a mess of canned BS and jingoistic crappola which all amounted to "We want Obama out." Moreover, there were actually a great number of people at the TP gatherings who appeared to be past retirement age and thus on government single payer health care, while they were making stupid remarks about keeping the government out of their health care. Not a lot to respect there, other than the fact they, like OWS, actually got off their asses to go speak their minds, such as they are.
    I rest my case. So to you, getting taxed into the poor house is not worth being upset about but not getting something any responsible adult would make sure they had for free is worth protesting. Got it.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.