Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    A counter to what? This guy is seriously injured, and it is sad. I don't now if he personally was doing anything violent, or if he was merely exercising his right to assembly.
    He was participating in a riot. What's sad is that you have finally found two Marines that you can feel something for, and they are both turncoats.
    Does his having opinions you disagree with take away from his service in Iraq? Does someone's service not count if they come out of it disagreeing with their mission or their organization?

Different people will have different opinions about these questions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Witmaster View Post
    I love this....

People trying to justify their position against law enforcement by invoking a U.S. marine who was engaged in a riot against the police.

I don't care what branch of the military you serve in, what wars you were deployed to or what rank you achieved. Your status as a "Veteran" does not give you license to break the law or take part in any organized demonstration that incites violence against this nations law enforcement officers.

Using his status as an "Iraq War Veteran" as some sort of ploy to justify his association with acts of violence against law enforcement; while demonizing the Oakland P.D. is nothing less than a blatant act of disrespect for the Military and all-too typical of the leftist agenda.
    There was a sign carried at one of the anti-war protests a few years back that summed up the left's take on the troops:

Wei only has good things to say about us when one of us does something like this Quisling did. Otherwise, he's happy to accuse us of all manner of imaginary atrocities.
    Last edited by Odysseus; 10-27-2011 at 01:59 PM.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Red X Ody.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    Red X Ody.
    Thanks much. It's fixed.
    --Odysseus

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    [quote=Odysseus;459990

There was a sign carried at one of the anti-war protests a few years back that summed up the left's take on the troops:

.[/quote]
    In the left's defense. They don't actually know what a US Soldier looks like.

Remember back in '06 election when the DNC website created a page showing how much they cared about our troops?

Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

A counter to what? This guy is seriously injured, and it is sad. I don't now if he personally was doing anything violent, or if he was merely exercising his right to assembly.
    That's peaceably assemble you idiot. Funny how you leftists pick and choose what to read in the Constitution. That said, just because someone served in the military doesn't make one a saint.
    Last edited by NJCardFan; 10-27-2011 at 02:55 PM.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    That's peaceably assemble you idiot. Funny how you leftists pick and choose what to read in the Constitution. That said, just because someone served in the military doesn't make one a saint.
    Oh, c'mon now. How can you have a violent, bloody revolution if you can only peaceably assemble?
    --Odysseus

The police have a job to do. Don't get in their way.

I still feel badly for the ex-Marine who got beaten. At least, I will feel badly for him until he sues the police. Then I won't feel anything but contempt for him.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    The police have a job to do. Don't get in their way.

I still feel badly for the ex-Marine who got beaten. At least, I will feel badly for him until he sues the police. Then I won't feel anything but contempt for him.
    And being it's the Bay Area you can bet that's coming as soon as he recovers.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    This seems a pretty clear cut case of the Left selectively "caring" about a Marine.

Any other day they'd be just as happy to call him a "Baby Killer" and "War Criminal" like mike_c of DU always does.

I hope he recovers and from what I've heard today his condition is improving.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Iraq War Veteran Injured at OWS Oakland Founder of IHateTheMarineCorps.com

Morgen on October 27, 2011 at 10:41 pm

Scott Olsen is the Marine Corps veteran critically injured at Occupy Oakland Tuesday night, during a confrontation between the protesters and the police. The latest news is good: his condition has been upgraded from critical to fair and he is apparently conscious and able to respond to doctors and family members. I sincerely wish him a full recovery, and I also hope that a proper investigation is conducted to determine whether police misconduct is responsible for his injuries.

But I ran across something this evening that may add a new dimension to this story. It has been widely reported that Olsen is a member of Iraq Veterans Against the War. But apparently his opposition to the U.S. military and the Marine Corps in which he served runs a little deeper.

The site is no longer live, but Olsen was the founder of IHateTheMarineCorps.com, a private user forum apparently dedicated to bashing the Marine Corps. (click to enlarge) ...
    http://www.verumserum.com/?p=31617