Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    Okay, so if a person is doing civil disobedience, do they deserve to be gassed out, possibly hit with the canisters, beaten up, and possibly die?

If that's the case, then it would have been justified for cops to kill MLK, Gandhi, or anybody else involved in civil disobedience.
    Boy, you just do not get it, do you.

Well, I give up then. I don't have the time or patience to explain common sense to someone who seems to have none whatsoever.
    Last edited by Zathras; 11-02-2011 at 12:05 AM.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Amazing what jokes these people are. So to this idiot, throwing bottles and rocks at police is totally OK but police using equal or greater force in response isn't. And tear gas is hardly a chemical weapon.

Okay, IF the bottles and rocks were that bad, then I could see use of force against that. However, I've seen this up close. What sometimes happens is that one or two people are doing something and then the cops use it to excuse taking it out on the entire crowd. That may not have been the case on this case. I will admit that the girl here is being a total ass.

I still don't think that throwing a canister where you know it will hit somebody and doing it because they're responding to somebody who got hurt is appropriate.

I also object to this junk that if the cops instruct you to leave and you don't, then it's fair to go after you violently. Sometimes, I think people just want to support any nasty action for the sake of their cause, just like this girl on the video.

It's still not a black/white issue.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    No Lanie, their not. The cops used standard crowd dispersal techniques against protestors who were doing things violently. A series of unfortunate events led to the injury. That series of events was kicked off by the person who was injured, so it's his fault he sustained that injury.
    How was it kicked off by him? Did he directly get violent with the police?

Next, that's the other thing I'm objecting to. Some here seem to think he deserved what he got because he's some sort of turncoat. I don't hear any objections to that idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    Next, that's the other thing I'm objecting to. Some here seem to think he deserved what he got because he's some sort of turncoat. I don't hear any objections to that idea.
    Address the posters that said this specifically, and object to what they said post by post. Don't throw a blanket accusation at CUers and expect others to read your mind.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

OK, seems as though someone here needs an education in dealing with mobs. It goes in stages. The first stage is literally asking nicely: "This is the Oakland police department. You are trespassing on private property. Please disperse and return to your homes." Now, chances are, this is met with some resistance. A 2nd warning is given: "Please disperse immediately. This will be your final warning." This is usually the part where the morons decide their best course of action would be to start throwing bottles and rocks at the cops. But don't be stupid Lainie. Cops just don't step in and start throwing tear gas around like it's Christmas candy. Warnings are issued. The idiots are given ample opportunity to go their merry ways. They chose to ignore the warnings and started acting the fool. A beat down is something they deserved.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Address the posters that said this specifically, and object to what they said post by post. Don't throw a blanket accusation at CUers and expect others to read your mind.
    I believe she is referring to some who made reference that this so called Marine was either the owner of or a part of a website called I Hate The USMC or something to that affect. If this is true, then he is a turncoat.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    I believe she is referring to some who made reference that this so called Marine was either the owner of or a part of a website called I Hate The USMC or something to that affect. If this is true, then he is a turncoat.
    She can answer their posts and ask them directly other than throwing vague accusations out.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    She can answer their posts and ask them directly other than throwing vague accusations out.
    You won't get it. She's a swooper and pooper like wee wee and tno.

9. #59 From A REAL Marine 
    I pray that this man recovers fully from his injuries. Only a sadistic jackass would suggest he "deserved it" or wasn't a real war vet.

That being said...He's typical of many Marines I met while serving. A self diagnosed "idealist" and "free thinker" who hates for the sake of being a hater. I worked my way up, became a Sergeant, Earned the respect of the Marines who worked for me and the officers I worked for, by becoming knowledgeble in my MOS and proving myself on 3 Continents.

Marines like Olsen were a dime a dozen, unfortunetly. Misguided fools who joined the Marine Corps with the idea that they'd be the next Audie Murphy or Marcus Luttrell....who would ride to prominence on the back of military victory in battle and be remembered like Patton, MacArthur, Bradley, McChrystal or Petraeus....and sadly, they end up being what they were in life before they joined the Marines.

A shitbird. A douchebag. A loser. But worse....a loser with a USMC tattoo. Someone who served their country, enjoys the privledges of doing so (VFW and American Legion status, fully paid College under the post 9/11 GI Bill, veterans discounts and the respect of having served) while simultaneously being a piece of crap who never deserved earning the title of US Marine in the first place. Becoming a Marine doesn't require selling your soul to Uncle Sam...but it does involve being highly patriotic, learning a trade, maintaining a warrior mindset and managing and serving younger Marines like an effective leader. That's something men like Olsen will never understand.
    "Don't vote. It only encourages the bastards." -PJ O'Roarke

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    The risk is inherint. That is why it is called "Less Lethal" not "Non-Lethal". They all made a choice, the consequences are there to be dealt with.

We know that the police had no intention of killing anyone. Nor did they. But if it where to happen, the fault would entirely rest on the one who forced the situation to occur. And that isn't the police.
    Well, at least you're being honest enough to admit that death should be a possible consequence. Just keep in mind your logic applies to all those who are breaking the laws to protests, not just those throwing bottles. So yeah, it would include MLK.

Rock, I did respond to those who said the stupid junk. Apocolypse suggested the marine deserved no sympathy because of inflammatory comments. Zathres suggested that they deserved it for not following instructions (he didn't say throwing bottles, but SIMPLY for not following instructions). Guess what happened? People argued with my objection to it. It's not my fault that people want to support a cause or a poster who supports the cause no matter how stupid or immoral some of the arguments go.