Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 This B.S about Jesus being a community organizer 
    Every liberal is using the same quote but it is so stupid in so many ways:

1) Jesus was not a community organizer: he did not seek to organize a community he set out to explain gods will to the people

2) Even if you think Jesus was a community organizer he would never have used the same tatics that obama used... remind everybody that obama kicked all of his opponents off the ballot.. would jesus have done this..... Obama raised money for Mayor daley...... Jesus would have never raised anything for a dishonest person that practices dirty politics....
    Obama has friends like reverend wright and the terroist as friends... all of jesus's friends were peace lovimg people....

Let's stop this stupid comparision

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Cseeman View Post

1) Jesus was not a community organizer: he did not seek to organize a community he set out to explain gods will to the people

2) Even if you think Jesus was a community organizer he would never have used the same tatics that obama used... remind everybody that obama kicked all of his opponents off the ballot.. would jesus have done this..... Obama raised money for Mayor daley...... Jesus would have never raised anything for a dishonest person that practices dirty politics....
    Obama has friends like reverend wright and the terroist as friends... all of jesus's friends were peace lovimg people....

must....

resist....

agh, cant!

The other thing that makes the comparison invalid is that Obama is in fact a real person... and Jesus is most likely a work of fiction.

;)

Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
    must....

resist....

agh, cant!

The other thing that makes the comparison invalid is that Obama is in fact a real person... and Jesus is most likely a work of fiction.

;)
    Saying Obama is a real person is a stretch. I guess you believe in James Bond, too. I've seen a person play James Bond, just like I've seen the guy named Obama play the role of the messiah named Obama.;)
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    Saying Obama is a real person is a stretch.
    Good point.

The other thing that makes the comparison invalid is that Obama is in fact a real person... and Jesus is most likely a work of fiction. ;)
    Yeah, because that's what so many educated, PhD-holding scholars say instead of just a bunch of anti-Christian atheists sitting in front of a computer in their parents' basements.
    OPEACHMENT NOW!!!

Stinger:
    "I was... ordered to drop my pants, bend over and spread my cheeks."
    --RagingInMiami achieving the DUmp's highest level of nirvana

Quote Originally Posted by jinxmchue View Post
    Yeah, because that's what so many educated, PhD-holding scholars say instead of just a bunch of anti-Christian atheists sitting in front of a computer in their parents' basements.
    And, don't forget - at least in my case, driving my dead father's sports car!;)
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Quote Originally Posted by Cseeman View Post

Jesus was a community organizer because he organized his disciples to help spread a new faith. He may not have kicked other politicians off the ballot, but I think he was seeking to kick other Gods off the list because most people were polytheist before him.

The "Community organizer is a bad thing" argument is probably the dumbest argument the Republicans have used yet this year. They should just admit it and get on with life.

With that being said, I do see the point about Obama and Ayers. I see the point about Wright, but I have a hard time understanding how it's any different from some of the people righties have as friends.

It was best for Republicans to stick to POLICY. I wasn't very impressed by their making 95% of the convention about McCain being a POW and ten percent overlap bashing community organizers. I respect McCain and his unique position, but they didn't focus enough on policy at the convention. I think the women did the best job of being the convincers at the convention because they spoke a lot about policy and stuff politicians done as politicians. They made their case that Republicans can bring change too.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    Jesus was a community organizer because he organized his disciples to help spread a new faith. He may not have kicked other politicians off the ballot, but I think he was seeking to kick other Gods off the list because most people were polytheist before him.

The "Community organizer is a bad thing" argument is probably the dumbest argument the Republicans have used yet this year. They should just admit it and get on with life.

With that being said, I do see the point about Obama and Ayers. I see the point about Wright, but I have a hard time understanding how it's any different from some of the people righties have as friends.

It was best for Republicans to stick to POLICY. I wasn't very impressed by their making 95% of the convention about McCain being a POW and ten percent overlap bashing community organizers. I respect McCain and his unique position, but they didn't focus enough on policy at the convention. I think the women did the best job of being the convincers at the convention because they spoke a lot about policy and stuff politicians done as politicians. They made their case that Republicans can bring change too.
    You must not have watched McCain's speech. The boring part in the middle of the speech is when he was talking about all the stuff you think he didn't talk about. :p

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    must....

resist....

agh, cant!

;)
    Jesus is a historical fact. There are records of him in official documents - and not those of believers.

YOU may not believe he is the Son of God, but he did exist - of that there is absolutely no question.
    I long for the days when our President actually liked our country.

Tell me wilbur - was Hammurabi a real person?
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.