Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 You cannot make this up 
    Army Knowledge Online, the Army's portal, has rotating photos on the login page. Today, this was one of them with the caption as presented:

U.S. Army Maj. Maria Rodriguez, female engagement team leader for Task Force Arctic Wolves, and Air Force Capt. Leslee Kane, female engagement team leader with the Zabul Provincial Reconstruction Team, stand with female Afghan police members near Kabul, Afghanistan. (Photo by Pvt. Andreka Johnson, 1st Stryker Brigade Combat Team, 25th Infantry Division Public Affairs)
    This raises some questions:
    • How backwards and Medieval does a country have to be if the female cops can't go out without burqas for fear of being stoned?
    • If presumably armed female officers have to wear duffel bags in order to protect themselves, what hope does the average Afghan woman have?
    • What authority will these women have over men who run afoul of the law?
    • Is the Afghan version of Charlie's Angels going to truly suck, or what?
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

.........show me your badge........!

http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

PORCUS STAPHUS ADMIN Rockntractor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Army Knowledge Online, the Army's portal, has rotating photos on the login page. Today, this was one of them with the caption as presented:

U.S. Army Maj. Maria Rodriguez, female engagement team leader for Task Force Arctic Wolves, and Air Force Capt. Leslee Kane, female engagement team leader with the Zabul Provincial Reconstruction Team, stand with female Afghan police members near Kabul, Afghanistan. (Photo by Pvt. Andreka Johnson, 1st Stryker Brigade Combat Team, 25th Infantry Division Public Affairs)
    This raises some questions:
    • How backwards and Medieval does a country have to be if the female cops can't go out without burqas for fear of being stoned?
    • If presumably armed female officers have to wear duffel bags in order to protect themselves, what hope does the average Afghan woman have?
    • What authority will these women have over men who run afoul of the law?
    • Is the Afghan version of Charlie's Angels going to truly suck, or what?
    How odd, one of our members says it's a wonderful Muslim country that has lots of womans rights.
    Pffffffffffffffffffffff! Buh Bye Big Ears
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    How odd, one of our members says it's a wonderful Muslim country that has lots of womans rights.
    Whose that?
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    Whose that?
    I'm trying to think who it was, something about good Muslims........it will come to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    I'm trying to think who it was, something about good Muslims........it will come to me.
    I'd be interested to know who'd be dumb enough to say something like that about Afghanistan.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    I'd be interested to know who'd be dumb enough to say something like that about Afghanistan.
    Linda or Noon i believe....
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    Linda or Noon i believe....
    I don't think that's who Rock is talking about. If it is who I think he's talking about, he's way off his mark, by a few countries.

I don't think that's who Rock is talking about. If it is who I think he's talking about, he's way off his mark, by a few countries.
    I see, wrong stan muh man!:D

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    ah...well I didn't know for sure...thought I'd seen one of them make comments on that subject.
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry