Thread: Rick Perry comes out against Confederate flag license plate.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    What should be is his comment about keeping the "birther movement" alive.

Want to talk about shooting yourself in the foot, thats what would do it.
    Let people like Trump bang that silly drum. If Perry is truly serious about wanting to be the nominee he'll leave that birther crap alone.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

It was brought up in an interview with a Florida news paper.

Reading it though, it seems that this shouldn't even be the issue discussed. What should be is his comment about keeping the "birther movement" alive.

Want to talk about shooting yourself in the foot, thats what would do it.

Edit: Actually I misread that. Apparently he said that in an earlier interview, and then said in this one that he believes the President is a natural born citizen.
    This is one of those things that just come up. The Sons of Confederate Veterans wants a specialty license plate like other organizations have. For example, the Knights of Columbus:

It is a decision of a nine person board to accept or reject their application. It isn't really a legislative process and the only connection to Perry is his authority as governor to appoint individuals to the board.

This is a non-issue. It is generic silliness and another indication how unserious our nation's political debate has become.

Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    This is one of those things that just come up. The Sons of Confederate Veterans wants a specialty license plate like other organizations have. For example, the Knights of Columbus:

It is a decision of a nine person board to accept or reject their application. It isn't really a legislative process and the only connection to Perry is his authority as governor to appoint individuals to the board.

This is a non-issue. It is generic silliness and another indication how unserious our nation's political debate has become.
    I agree. This is interesting in what you generalized. Just where do you lay the blame for the "silliness and unseriousness?"
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    I agree. This is interesting in what you generalized. Just where do you lay the blame for the "silliness and unseriousness?"
    I'd say mostly on the people asking the questions.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

I'd say mostly on the people asking the questions.
    I'm testing AD's level of honesty. I want to see if he stands by his generalization and if so, who gets most of the blame.

On edit: I expect 1. no response or, 2. A lengthy, pseudo-intellectual quibbling attempting to blame both polar ideologies.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    On the people who consume it.

On the people who consume it.
    Isn't that a typical liberal,(read stupid) non answer? How does one "consume" what doesn't exist?
    Care to try again with an adult answer?
    C. S. Lewis
    Ayn Rand

I'll take this one further. Why did it even come up? Why put himself in the position to get bashed by either side over such a small issue it shouldn't even be on the President's plate?

Because he already got bashed over the name of the hunting ranch-not that I think it's a big deal, but some did-not just liberals, Herman Cain got some entertaining sound bites out of it all.

Fabulous Poster
    It is not generic silliness: it's a litmus test to see if a candidate can be drawn into conflict with the Southern Poverty Law Center, the ACLU, the NAACP, and knee-jerk liberal doctrine in general.

Demonizing white people, European culture, and especially southern American European people and culture is a full time job of those who wish to deflect from the reality that many of the major problems in our society are disproportionately generated from minority communities. It's easier to paint those who oppose illegal and mass immigration as racist if you can define them by race, region, or culture. It's easier to marginalize the majority if you can paint it as out of step.

It's also important to remember that it's not just some caucasian asshole at the St Pete Times having a war on the Confederate flag, it's a chunk of an entire generation who were taught about America Teh Debbil by the likes of Howard Zinn and his devotees. We talk about terrorist anchor babies, Muslims born here to parents who moved here with the intent of creating American citizens determined to destroy America, we also have a crop of first, second, and third generation Americans of Eastern European descent who appear to be taking another route, through academia, to foment cultural breakdown in this country. They called themselves refugees, perhaps they were exiles.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Demonizing white people, European culture, and especially southern American European people and culture is a full time job of those who wish to deflect from the reality that many of the major problems in our society are disproportionately generated from minority communities. It's easier to paint those who oppose illegal and mass immigration as racist if you can define them by race, region, or culture. It's easier to marginalize the majority if you can paint it as out of step.
    You just summarized the entire campaign strategy of the DNC...the DSCC...the legacy media and this Administration.

I don't know what's more pathetic...that they still trot out this tired old lie...or that people still fall for it.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.