I am an active giver to the GOP. I am a fiscal and social Conservative but tend to keep social issues out of my primary consideration when voting, and I default to social issues when it is the deciding factor between candidates.
I am worried that the establishment GOP has not embraced the message of the last 20 years. We need a return to staunch Conservative ideals and not a politically motivated, Democrat/liberal light. The GOP cannot out-Democrat the Democrats and should not try. Where is the RNC platform this election season? If we don't elect a real Conservative, I assure you that we will suffer and possibly not survive another four years of this Marxist agenda we are currently experiencing.
We have a real problem with message. The media is obviously in the bag for the liberal agenda so we must rely upon other sources to get our message out. That message must be clear and concise. It must contain the essential elements of real Conservatism and not a cowardly political half step of embracing progressive ideas that are bankrupting our country. We as Republicans have failed to return this country to fiscal responsibility. We have allowed the DC ruling class to tell us what is politically expedient and not what is good for the country. I assure you that Washington GOPers had better get this message loud and clear. They don't get that message from the echo chambers of Washing D.C. circles. They haven't gotten the message from electoral failures or successes. What will it take? The message is clear; return this country to sound and reasonable fiscal Conservatism. Reverse 70 years of Progressive nonsense.
I have a few proposals:
1. Slash government regulation. The federal register is nearly 80,000 pages long. Cut it to a less but still ridiculous 40,000 pages of anti-job growth regulation.
2. Reverse entitlement programs. Get this country back to the days when charity was exactly that and not mandatory tax payments to Nanny Mc Government. It is NOT the job of the government to steal taxpayer dollars to play government charity. Charity is given, not taken.
3. Stop listening to liberal media's ideas of "acceptable or electable" candidates. That mentality gave us establishment acceptable candidates that resulted in the current administration. An administration that effectively shut out Republican voices for two years while they rammed their Marxist utopian ideas down our throats in the secrecy of their dens.
4. Develop clear issues that are non-negotiable. Have our nominee agree to those ideas regardless of political consideration. Cowardice at this point will result in defeat and the end of the GOP. Voters will not be excited to vote Democrat lite when they can vote for the full leaded version.
5. Put forth a principled Conservative candidate that will listen to the real America, not the entitlement minded, inner city, metropolitan leaches that don't value our country or its ideas. The real Americans are waiting for leadership. We are tired of Socialism and leadership by teleprompter.