Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I keep telling you guys, Hoekstra is not running for Levin's seat in 2014, he is running for Stabenow's seat in 2012.
    I knew that, he's running next year, I keep thinking it's Levin, but getting rid of Stabenow is even better
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    You sound solidly republican. Register as a Republican and vote for Cain.
    Pretty impressive the way you managed to send that smarmy smile with only the typed word. And what exactly is it that sounds so solidly republican?
    Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Differences between Obama and God: God's plan to save us is actually written down for people to read. Rush Limbaugh.

My blog: How Things Look From Here Politics, religion, random stuff, now on Wednesdays!

Your post was perfectly Tea Party. You will vote Republican, I'm certain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Smith - Wealth of Nations
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.

Quote Originally Posted by enslaved1 View Post
    There's no R on my voter registration card. The republicans have ticked me off over the years as much as the dems have, mainly by NOT sticking to the ideals they flaunt during election seasons. So I'm watching the primary process, liking some folks more than others, but knowing that I have no say in the decision about who will be running against Obama. Last time we got stuck with McCain, this time we may get another wishy-washy, "safe" and "electable" candidate. I don't want electable, I want someone with the backbone to get into DC and fix what's broken. Do I bite my tongue and change my registration, or are there other options?

Arizona evidently used to have an open primary process, but they changed the name of the election to a "Presidential Preference Election" that only lets party members vote.
    Change your party affiliation. It's not going to hurt anything.

Just as we know that you will vote Democratic. That's nothing to be proud of.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    Change your party affiliation. It's not going to hurt anything.
    I changed from D to R in 1989, when David Dinkins took the NYC mayoral nomination from Ed Koch, who had been a very effective mayor, probably the best that could be hoped for out of the Democratic machine in NY. Dinkins was NYC's Obama, an utterly clueless man whose mandate, to be the first black mayor of the city, was filled the minute he took the oath of office, and whose tenure was a serious of gaffes, screw-ups and failures on a scale never before seen in NYC government. This result would have been clearly obvious to anyone who followed Dinkins' tenure as Manhattan Borough President, but NYC liberals have a habit of missing the obvious, and I felt that I no longer had any reason to be part of their party. Since then, I've managed to vote in a few Republican primaries, but mostly, it's just been about not being a Democrat. This time around, however, depending on where you live, you may have an opportunity to make a difference. I say make the change.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Care to place any bets on my vote last election?

BTW the point of the Tea Party is to reform the Republican party back to it's conservative roots, not just follow the establishment bouncing ball.
    Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Differences between Obama and God: God's plan to save us is actually written down for people to read. Rush Limbaugh.

My blog: How Things Look From Here Politics, religion, random stuff, now on Wednesdays!

I would have guessed you voted for McCain, unless you're referring to the congressional elections, in which case I'd still assume you voted Republican.

If I'm wrong I'll be admit to admit that I'm wrong and I'd be curious to know who you voted for, why you voted for them, and how your ideas have evolved over time.
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Just as we know that you will vote Democratic. That's nothing to be proud of.
    When was the last time you saw me posting something positive or supportive about the democratic party?

I don't support those dirty corporatist shills

When was the last time you saw me posting something positive or supportive about the democratic party?

I don't support those dirty corporatist shills
    Oh, I forgot. You consider them to the right of you.

Okay, which far left fringe party will get your vote this time around?
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

I would have guessed you voted for McCain, unless you're referring to the congressional elections, in which case I'd still assume you voted Republican.

If I'm wrong I'll be admit to admit that I'm wrong and I'd be curious to know who you voted for, why you voted for them, and how your ideas have evolved over time.

After watching the area polls and determining that McCain had a solid victory in my area, I checked the Libertarian candidate, not because I agree with all Libertarian ideals, but as a small show of support for alternatives to our two party joke. If it would have been closer, I would have voted McCain only in an attempt to cost Obama votes, not because I liked McCain that much either.