Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Roger Ebert on Sarah Palin 
    Eyelids
    Perfect take on Sarah Palin:

http://www.suntimes.com/news/othervi...tpalin.article

I would also want someone who didn't make a teeny little sneer when referring to "people who go to the Ivy League." When I was a teen I dreamed of going to Harvard, but my dad, an electrician, told me, "Boy, we don't have the money. Thank your lucky stars you were born in Urbana and can go to the University of Illinois right here in town." So I did, very happily. Although Palin gets laughs when she mentions the "elite" Ivy League, she sure did attend the heck out of college.

Five different schools in six years. What was that about?

And how can a politician her age have never have gone to Europe? My dad had died, my mom was working as a book-keeper and I had a job at the local newspaper when, at 19, I scraped together $240 for a charter flight to Europe. I had Arthur Frommer's $5 a Day under my arm, started in London, even rented a Vespa and drove in the traffic of Rome. A few years later, I was able to send my mom, along with the $15 a Day book.

You don't need to be a pointy-headed elitist to travel abroad. You need curiosity and a hunger to see the world. What kind of a person (who has the money) arrives at the age of 44 and has only been out of the country once, on an official tour to Iraq? Sarah Palin's travel record is that of a provincial, not someone who is equipped to deal with global issues.

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    The movie review guy?
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Eyelids
    Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    The movie review guy?
    One of hte best newspaper writers ever.

gator
    I have been to Europe, South America, Southeast Asia and Australia. You can throw in Canada and Mexico also.

The rest of the world pretty well sucks.

Although there are a few interesting things to see there is nothing much worth absorbing.

She has never gone to Europe because she had other priorities. What is so difficut about that for dickheads like Elbert to understand? Who really gives a shit what Elbert thinks anyhow?

Quote Originally Posted by Eyelids View Post
    Apparently better htan you.:D
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Eyelids
    Quote Originally Posted by gator View Post
    I have been to Europe, South America, Southeast Asia and Australia. You can throw in Canada and Mexico also.

The rest of the world pretty well sucks.
    And you can make that judgment since you've been to all those places. Palin cant, and shes a heartbeat away from being president.

And he thinks Russ Meyer movies are the best movies ever.

(For anyone who doesn't know, Russ Meyer was a pervert who made really crappy movies which had the sole purpose of exploiting the naked figures of large-breasted women.)
    OPEACHMENT NOW!!!

Stinger:
    "I was... ordered to drop my pants, bend over and spread my cheeks."
    --RagingInMiami achieving the DUmp's highest level of nirvana

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    And you can make that judgment since you've been to all those places. Palin cant, and shes a heartbeat away from being president.
    Of AMERICA, right? Traveling the world is suddenly a prerequisite for the presidency?
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

I wonder how many foreign countries George Washington visited. Or Jefferson. Or Lincoln.
    OPEACHMENT NOW!!!

Stinger:

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Of AMERICA, right? Traveling the world is suddenly a prerequisite for the presidency?
    Yeah, it's in the Constitutional amendment after the one that established the 57th state.
    OPEACHMENT NOW!!!

Stinger: